at CDM Smith in Springdale, Arkansas, United States
CDM Smith is seeking a full time Senior Geotechnical Engineer with expertise in geotechnical engineering specifically in airfield pavement design.
This position can be based out of any U.S. based CDM Smith office. We offer a hybrid work environment allowing for working in the office and remotely from home.
As a member of our Geotechnical Team you would contribute to CDM Smith’s mission by:
- Providing senior level experience with Unified Facilities Criteria for Airfield Pavement Design, Unified Facilities Guide Specifications, FAA Advisory Circulars, and AASHTO flexible and rigid pavement design standards required.
- Plan, schedule, conduct or coordinate mid to large size field and laboratory services for transportation-related projects including airfield and roadway pavement projects, embankment design and retaining structures
- Perform and/or oversee geotechnical engineering analyses and evaluations for the design of new pavements and overlays, pavement condition surveys, pavement rehabilitation, and reconstruction
- Perform and/or oversee geotechnical engineering analyses and evaluations for other project types consistent with successful applicant’s expertise. This could include: earthwork, dewatering, and excavation support; shallow/deep foundations; pipelines; dams, reservoirs, and levees; solid waste; tunneling, micro-tunneling, and pipe jacking; or geo-environmental projects
- Write engineering reports and prepare Contract Documents
- Oversee engineering services during construction on projects involving pavement design and other project types consistent with successful applicant’s expertise
- Prepare scope, schedules and budgets for proposals
- Manage projects, subcontractors, and geotechnical staff on multi-disciplined projects and work within multi-disciplined team environment
- Directing the work of a staff of up to 5 engineers and technicians
- Acting as mentor for lower-level employees
- Maintaining liaison with individuals and units within or outside organization
- Work with clients in the federal, public, and private sectors
Geotechnical Engineer 8
- Bachelor’s degree in Geotechnical, Civil, Mining or Geologic Engineering or related discipline. Professional engineering (PE) license.
- 15 years of related experience.
- Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
- Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Master’s degree in Civil Engineering with Geotechnical Engineering emphasis.
- Experience in all types of subsurface explorations, laboratory testing, foundation engineering, analysis, engineering report writing, preparation of contract documents.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- 15 years of related experience in pavement design for airfields, streets, and highways. Experience with Unified Facilities Criteria for Airfield Pavement Design, Unified Facilities Guide Specifications, FAA Advisory Circulars, and AASHTO flexible and rigid pavement design standards required.
- Experience on transportation projects with municipal, state, and federal agencies
- International experience with airfield pavement is a plus.
- Experience with PCASE is a plus.
- Experience in Roller-Compacted Concrete for pavements and channel/basin liner projects is a plus.
- Experience in dams, trenchless technology / tunnels, and large civil projects is a plus.
- Experience with water and wastewater projects with state, county and municipal agencies is a plus.
- Experience with staff management, project management and business development is a plus.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.cdmsmith.com/en/Video/Meet-CDM-Smith)
Join Us! CDM Smith – where amazing career journeys unfold.
Imagine a place committed to offering an unmatched employee experience. Where you work on projects that are meaningful to you. Where you play an active part in shaping your career journey. Where your co-workers are invested in you and your success. Where you are encouraged and supported to do your very best and given the tools and resources to do so. Where it’s a priority that the company takes good care of you and your family.
Our employees are the heart of our company. As an employer of choice, our goal is to provide a challenging, progressive and inclusive work environment which fosters personal leadership, career growth and development for every employee. We value passionate individuals who challenge the norm, deliver world-class solutions and bring diverse perspectives. Join our team, and together we will make a difference and change the world.
Job Site Location:
United States – Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No – We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
U.S. Vaccine Status:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) are committed to your health and safety. CDM Smith and its employees adhere to all applicable government and client COVID-19 requirements.To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account