at CDM Smith in Springdale, Arkansas, United States
CDM Smith, a multi-national employee-owned engineering design and consulting firm, is seeking a full time Geotechnical Engineer Grade 2 to support various projects primarily throughout New England and New York. At CDM Smith you will have the opportunity to grow your career as part of a team of technical experts working on challenging projects in Environment, Industry, Commercial, Transportation, and Water. Interested candidates can be based out of our offices in Providence, RI, Latham, NY, Chelmsford, MA or Boston, MA.
The role of this position includes such tasks as:
- Providing full-service design and construction services on geotechnical and geo-environmental projects including foundations, pipelines, tunnels, dams and levees, slurry walls, sheet pile walls, dredging, capping, solidification, lagoon closures, landfills, and industrial waste impoundments.
- Conduct field and laboratory investigations for a wide range of project types.
- Perform geotechnical engineering analyses and evaluations for geo-environmental studies and design.
- Assist with preparing engineering reports and contract documents.
- Provide engineering services during construction.
- Work as an integrated member of a multi-disciplined team on complex civil works projects.
- Demonstrate good writing and communications skills and ability to work with clients in the public and private sectors.
Geotechnical Engineer 2
- Bachelor’s degree in Geotechnical, Civil, Mining or Geologic Engineering or related discipline.
- 1 year of related experience.
- Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
- Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Master’s degree in Civil Engineering with Geotechnical Engineering emphasis preferred.
- Engineer-in-Training (E.I.T.) certification.
- Experience in subsurface explorations, laboratory testing, foundation engineering, analysis, engineering report writing, preparation of contract documents.
- Experience with geotechnical engineering software GeoStudio or UTEXAS, LPile and gINT is a plus.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD is a plus.
- Some experience in dams, tunnels, seismic design, or geo-environmental projects is a plus.
- 40-Hour OSHA HAZWOPER Training is a plus.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.cdmsmith.com/en/Video/Meet-CDM-Smith)
Join Us! CDM Smith – where amazing career journeys unfold.
Imagine a place committed to offering an unmatched employee experience. Where you work on projects that are meaningful to you. Where you play an active part in shaping your career journey. Where your co-workers are invested in you and your success. Where you are encouraged and supported to do your very best and given the tools and resources to do so. Where it’s a priority that the company takes good care of you and your family.
Our employees are the heart of our company. As an employer of choice, our goal is to provide a challenging, progressive and inclusive work environment which fosters personal leadership, career growth and development for every employee. We value passionate individuals who challenge the norm, deliver world-class solutions and bring diverse perspectives. Join our team, and together we will make a difference and change the world.
Job Site Location:
United States – Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No – We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
U.S. Vaccine Status:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) are committed to your health and safety. CDM Smith and its employees adhere to all applicable government and client COVID-19 requirements.To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account