at CDM Smith in Fayetteville, Arkansas, United States
CDM Smith is one of the world’s top design, program management (PM) and construction management (CM) firms, providing innovative and creative solutions for our clients and assisting them in achieving successful outcomes on their most important programs. We currently provide PM/CM services around the world with over 300 working full-time professionals who use world-class program controls, processes, and tools. CDM Smith’s Program Services Group is seeking a fulltime Management Specialist with a focus on Emergency Preparedness including emergency planning, climate change and resiliency planning. As a fulltime Management Specialist, you will support the growth of CDM Smith’s Emergency and Disaster Recovery, Climate Change, and Resiliency Planning services and be responsible for:
- Support emergency and disaster management initiatives with federal and municipal clients
- Updating and maintaining the business strategy/business plan for growth in the emergency and disaster recovery, climate change and resiliency planning market
- Initiating and maintaining relationships with federal agencies, state and municipal clients
- Supporting the direct marketing and proposal development activities
- Working effectively with client sales leaders, technical strategy leaders, and project managers to position, secure, and deliver quality projects
- Assisting clients with strategizing on the approach and best practices
- Advising staff and project managers on unique program challenges and solutions
- Responsible for mentoring and staff development including thorough high quality performance appraisals
- Contributing to the firm’s stature by actively participating in leadership roles in the community and/or relevant industry organizations
- Ability to deploy nationally and internationally in support of disaster planning, response or recovery activities
This is a full-remote position with travel as needed. Projects are located throughout the U.S., its territories, and internationally.
Management Specialist 7 (Emergency Preparedness)
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 12 years of related experience.
- Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
- Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Bachelor’s degree in Meteorology, Atmospheric Science, Emergency Management, or another related program.
- Previous experience with federal agencies to support nation policy, or other government program development experience.
- Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM) certification.
- Experience with GIS software
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated Leadership abilities.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
Join Us! CDM Smith – where amazing career journey unfold.
Imagine a place committed to offering an unmatched employee experience. Where you work on projects that are meaningful to you. Where you play an active part in shaping your career journey. Where your co-workers are invested in you and your success. Where you are encouraged and supported to do your very best and given the tools and resources to do so. Where it’s a priority that the company take good care of you and your family.
Our employees are the heart of our company. As an employer of choice, our goal is to provide a challenging, progressive and inclusive work environment which fosters personal leadership, career growth and development for every employee. We value passionate individuals who challenge the norm, deliver world-class solutions and bring diverse perspectives. Join our team and together we will make a difference and change the world.
Job Site Location:
United States – Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No – We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
U.S. Vaccine Status:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) are committed to your health and safety. CDM Smith and its employees adhere to all applicable government and client COVID-19 requirements.