at ArcBest in Fort Smith, Arkansas, United States
ArcBest is a logistics company with creative problem solvers who deliver integrated solutions for complex supply chain challenges.
Wanting to join the ArcBest family? In our search for top talent, we are looking for those that will further enable us to deliver on our vision and fully support our values-driven culture.
Currently, we are looking for a Cash Application Specialist I to join the ArcBest team. The Cash Application Specialist I works with the Manager of Cash Application to ensure timely and accurate application of payments to the ArcBest receivable file. This position handles customer’s paper checks, payments made electronically through the bank system, and payments funded through the application of a credit card. The Cash Application Specialist I also balances payment entry batches through various applications, makes daily deposits for the bank, and meets time specific deadlines to ensure accuracy and efficiency in the cash management process.
Your contribution may include:
- Post any type of payment received from ArcBest customers.
- Verify and enter checks, ACH bank transfers, and credit card payments.
- Make deposits to ensure available in a timely manner.
- Process credit card payments for customers who call in.
- Balance payments against the ArcBest Master Register, including being able to resolve exceptions.
- Scan and batch remittance information into the payment file.
- Communicate with customers regarding payment discrepancies, and identify any reoccurring exceptions to fix root cause issues.
- Resolve problems with internal and external customers.
- Maintain a positive attitude and high level of customer service with both internal and external customers.
- Work in a team setting to accomplish individual, department, and overall corporate goals.
- Other duties and projects, as assigned.
As a Cash Application Specialist I, you will be a member of the ArcBest Financial Services: Accounts Receivable team in Fort Smith, AR. Work hours vary based on scheduling to provide market coverage during normal business hours, typically Monday – Friday, between 7:00am and 6:00pm with irregular hours depending on workload and projects.
Ready to apply? Before doing so, please make sure you meet the minimum requirements:
Education: Bachelor’s degree, preferred. Experience will be considered in lieu of formal education.
Experience: Prior experience communicating with customers relating to payments, preferred.
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and 10-Key.
If you require accommodation in the application process, please contact
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/Disability