at CDM Smith in Springdale, Arkansas, United States
To align with upcoming pursuits, the preferred location is Pensacola, FL
• Prepares detailed work plans (baseline), and updates monthly progress and forecast reports using earned value calculations. Develops schedules for various unit proposals in direct support of project managers.
• Develops and documents project planning considerations and objectives, scope and milestones to incorporate into the master project schedule.
• Develops, maintains, and analyzes integrated critical path schedules for projects in accordance with contract specifications.
• Develops scope, deliverables, and activities with project managers for each task assignment. Develops detailed work plan deliverables including schedule diagrams (Pert, Gantt & Time-Scale), resource loaded activities, and fee scheduling of invoicing.
• Develops logic, durations, and constraints with project manager for each task assignment.
• As directed, supports the development of project controls plans/documents for use by project, program or JV/subcontractors.
• As directed, supports the development of schedule/project controls specifications
• Gathers project progress information from project manager and project team members to update and monitor the project.
• Maintains and updates scope within work breakdown structure; reports on unbudgeted activities.
• Updates actual expenditures, and forecasts remaining cost/resource needs.
• As directed, supports the development of Time Impact Analysis (TIA) from the client and/or subcontractor for impacts to the project or firm.
• Supports the review, analysis and reporting of the progress of JV/subcontractors schedules, including reviewing for compliance, constructability, and overall technical competence.
• Supports the updating of a risk register related to schedule and scope impacts.
• Develops monthly progress report deliverables to encompass schedule updates, schedule performance/milestone reports, and performance curves.
• Monitors and reports critical path and schedule performance; updates actual progress and forecast remaining work schedule.
• Prepares miscellaneous proposal schedules, as required.
Intermediate Project Scheduler
FSI ENT Non-WFT Field
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction Management or related discipline.
• 3 years of related experience.
Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project
• Valid driver’s license.
• USACE Construction Quality Management for Contractors Training preferred.
• Scheduling experience for construction projects with cost of $25M or more preferred.
• Computer skills including Primavera P6, Claim Digger preferred.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.cdmsmith.com/en/Video/Meet-CDM-Smith)
Join Us! CDM Smith – where amazing career journeys unfold.
Imagine a place committed to offering an unmatched employee experience. Where you work on projects that are meaningful to you. Where you play an active part in shaping your career journey. Where your co-workers are invested in you and your success. Where you are encouraged and supported to do your very best and given the tools and resources to do so. Where it’s a priority that the company takes good care of you and your family.
Our employees are the heart of our company. As an employer of choice, our goal is to provide a challenging, progressive and inclusive work environment which fosters personal leadership, career growth and development for every employee. We value passionate individuals who challenge the norm, deliver world-class solutions and bring diverse perspectives. Join our team, and together we will make a difference and change the world.
Job Site Location:
United States – Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No – We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
• Must be a U.S. Citizen.
• Proficiency in project management methodology including project planning, control and assurance methodologies, and general finance and accounting concepts and practices.
• Demonstrates good knowledge of project goals, drivers, strategies, risks and opportunities as well as an understanding construction practices.
• Working knowledge of Enterprise Project Portfolio Management tools (Ex: Primavera).
• Possesses strong teamwork and collaboration skills and an ability to work well in fast paced environments requiring daily shifting of priorities.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
U.S. Vaccine Status:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) are committed to your health and safety. CDM Smith and its employees adhere to all applicable government and client COVID-19 requirements.To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account