at ArcBest in Fort Smith, Arkansas, United States
Who we are
ArcBest Technologies, an ArcBest® company, is an innovative technology company that provides custom-built solutions and leading-edge technologies that help our customers and suppliers successfully navigate the complex supply chain landscape. Our team is made up of highly engaged and creative tech and analytical professionals – engineers, mathematicians, data scientists, software developers, information system specialists and more – who create smart solutions that deliver value to our customers and keep the global supply chain moving. We’re building the future of logistics.
ArcBest Technologies is headquartered in Fort Smith, Arkansas.
Our people are at the heart of our success, and we offer a workplace that embraces all cultures, perspectives, and experiences – so we can provide the best atmosphere for our employees and the best service to our customers. If that sounds like something you’d like to be a part of, we’d love to hear from you.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a Software QA Analyst I to join the ArcBest Technologies team. ArcBest Technologies provides a full range of information technology services to clients with varying needs within ArcBest and its subsidiaries. A wide spectrum of opportunities are available in the form of Internet, client/server, personal computer, mobile, and mainframe development as well as project management. The role of Software Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst helps to organize and facilitate QA activities at scale on high priority projects.
The Software QA Analyst I works under the leadership of a Software QA Test Lead or QA Manager helping to organize, plan, and assist teams in executing QA activities on software systems and purchased products. This position helps team members execute testing directly and indirectly based on team capacity and helps to coordinate testing strategies to ensure that the product meets business requirements and Company standards. The Software QA Analyst I identifies risks and works with team members to mitigate risks as needed, and reports progress on QA activities to upper management and other involved parties throughout product development. This is a business-oriented role that focuses on learning and applying QA processes to help improve the software development process.
Your contribution may include:
- Serve as QA Analyst for software development or deployment projects.
- Champion QA activities on all assigned projects.
- Help to plan and develop test suites for software products.
- Assist with QA efforts through collaboration with project teams on defining, developing, executing, and documenting test plans and cases.
- Ensure sufficient testing is completed to meet team commitments and goals.
- Communicate progress with project team members and Leadership.
- Support and enable QA strategies for ArcBest Tech.
- Build skillsets in the design of standards, guidelines, and practices for QA activities and tools under mentorship of a Software QA Lead or QA Manager.
- Learn through experience the benefits of the quality process.
- Work with teams to make verification processes and testing more efficient and to improve QA practices.
- Provide reporting for Leadership, such as project progress updates and time sheets.
- Study and interpret QA metrics for scheduled reporting under mentorship of a Software QA Lead or QA Manager.
- Provide assistance for other QA team members, as needed.
- Assist individuals and teams with questions concerning QA activities and practices as well as assisting with onboarding QA practices as needed.
- Other duties and projects, as assigned.
As a Software QA Analyst I, you will be a member of the ArcBest Technologies Information Services. team in Fort Smith, AR. Your hours will be Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm, with irregular hours that may occur depending on workload.
Ready to apply? Before doing so, please make sure you meet the minimum requirements:
Education: Bachelor’s degree, or combination of education and formal testing experience.
Experience: Minimum, one to two years’ experience in working with a team in a project environment and/or experience with communicating written and oral reports to Management or Stakeholders. Experience with implementing problem-solving techniques in a project environment, preferred. Experience with transforming business processes into requirements for software development, preferred.
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office. Exposure and basic understanding of the SDLC (Systems Development Life Cycle), preferred. Experience with Azure DevOps, preferred.
If you require accommodation in the application process, please contact 4 email@example.com or call us at (479) 785-8963. An Equal Opportunity Employer including Vet/Disability.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/DisabilityTo view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account