in Faulkner County, AR
Job closes 5-31-22
Moves material and products in manufacturing and/or warehouse area by manual hand truck, electric hand truck and/or forklift with the purpose of loading, unloading, or stocking in warehouse or cells.
• Uses a forklift, pallet jack and/or hand dolly.
• Follows instructions to determine materials or containers to be moved.
• Prepares loads for shipment; for instance, banding, plastic wrapping the product, etc.
• Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets manually and onto or off trailers.
• Conveys materials to or from storage or work sites to designated areas using a forklift, manual or electrical pallet jack.
• Secures lifting attachments to materials and conveys load to designated location, i.e. lift forks, fork extensions, extension boom.
• Works under direct supervision on duties and tasks that are basic, selecting from written instructions and established procedures.
• Will be working with a team of co-workers.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
•Six months of prior related experience is preferred, but not required.
•Manufacturing background a plus, but not required.
•Must have the ability to drive motorized equipment or vehicles and have a valid driver’s license.
•Must have the ability and awareness to recognize sights and sounds in the workplace which the employee might encounter.
•Applies basic and develops intermediate skills in procedures, techniques, tools, materials and/or equipment, as appropriate to area of specialization.
•Must have basic math skills.
•Must be flexible with required working hours, including overtime.
•Must be flexible within the department and willing to flex to other departments as needed.
Must be able to lift up to 70 lbs. from floor to shoulder level, to routinely push and/or pull a minimum of 50 pounds with a manual pallet jack, to occasionally bend at the knee level, stoop and/or climb. Must be able to stand for a minimum of 8 to 10 hours. Must be able to use a forklift, pallet jack and hand dolly. Must be able to pass a forklift-driving test to become an authorized forklift driver. Background check is required. Will be required to wear proper protective equipment including, but not limited to, protective eye and/or hearing equipment to safely perform job duties. Will occasionally be exposed to chemicals, dust, heat, cold, gas, and/or fumes. Must be able to adjust to normal plant environmental conditions (above moderate hot and cold conditions) and to adapt quickly to physical applications requiring varying motor skills.
Constantly requires 6-8+ hrs of sitting on a lift, walking, standing, bending neck/wrist & squatting. Requires repetitive use of hands for grasping, manipulation, pulling/pushing & reaching above shoulder level.
Occasionally requires climbing. Consistently lifts up to 10 lbs 6-8 hrs daily. Frequently lifts 11 to 75 lbs, 3-6 hrs daily.
Occasionally carries up to 75 lbs, 3 hrs daily.
Requires driving cars, trucks, forklifts, and other equipment. Works around departmental equipment and lifts. Exposure to excessive noise, extreme temperatures. Exposure to dust, gas, fumes, chemicals in manufacturing area. Requires use of forklift foot controls
(Management reserves the right to change, rescind, add or delete the duties and responsibilities of positions within the job description at any time.)