in County, AR
Under general supervision, this position performs inspection of contractors' work, including documentation of contractors' work entry-level survey duties, assisting with the staking and layout of highway construction and performing basic tests of materials.
Assist in transporting tools and equipment to work sites and assisting in obtaining survey duties.
* Assist in maintaining surveying equipment.
* Utilize various hand tools such as a sledgehammer, Axe, shovel, etc. to locate and place markers, survey pins and boundary markers and cutting brush or to obtain material samples.
* Assist in performing materials tests for specification compliance.
* Perform inspection of construction activities to ensure projects meet department standards and keep supervisor fully informed of daily contractor activities and unusual conditions.
* Document contractors' work via site manager or other electronic inspection software in accordance with Department policy.
* Employee is required to frequently drive a Department vehicle to various locations within the District A.
* The Arkansas Department of Transportation is an "at will" employer.