at FedEx Freight, Inc. in Harrison, Arkansas, United States
Company: FedEx Freight
Job Title: Analyst-Operations Systems
Job Requisition Number: RC518750
Job Family: FXF: ENGR-PROF
Time Type: Full Time
2200 Forward Drive
Harrison, Arkansas 72602-0840
This position will be on the Field Operations Support Team.
This position can be domiciled in any FedEx Freight location in the Southeast Region.
Support strategic and tactical projects utilizing application systems and hardware technology solutions that enable the FedEx Enterprise and FedEx Freight to achieve improvements in both service and financial performance.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Support tactical projects utilizing existing reports/tools and developing new reports/tools that support short term business challenges
2. Monitor trends in Operations Performance Metric indicators, working closely with operations management and subject matter experts, to recognize opportunities for modification/creation of application systems and implementation of hardware technology solutions
3. Participate on FedEx Freight governed projects; develop, evaluate and track requirements where application systems and hardware technology solutions will be introduced that impact the FedEx Freight Operations environment
4. Collaborate with agile teams on development projects
5. Provide data for FedEx Freight initiatives to support long range planning around application systems and hardware technology solutions
6. Provide research and analysis of all aspects of current and trending technology
7. Develop reports and/or specifications that can be used to gauge performance and reliability of technology solutions
8. Support process improvement initiatives from concept to implementation
9. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
10. Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
* Bachelor's Degree in Business, Transportation, Information Technology or related field or equivalent work experience plus two (2) years Transportation Operations, Transportation Vehicle Maintenance, Information Technology, Sales and/or Finance experience
* Good working knowledge of a programming language (SQL, SAS, VB, etc.) preferred
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Experience and ability to use Microsoft Office software: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
* Strong organizational, time management, interpersonal skills with ability to effectively multi-task
* Strong collaboration skills
* Ability to work independently and as a team member
* Must be able to travel
FedEx Freight is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Freight, please call 800-888-8252 or e-mail at ADAAssistance@freight.fedex.com.
FedEx Freight will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
FedEx Freight is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran.