at ArcBest in Fort Smith, Arkansas, United States
Who we are
ArcBest Technologies, an ArcBest® company, is an innovative technology company that provides custom-built solutions and leading-edge technologies that help our customers and suppliers successfully navigate the complex supply chain landscape. Our team is made up of highly engaged and creative tech and analytical professionals – engineers, mathematicians, data scientists, software developers, information system specialists and more – who create smart solutions that deliver value to our customers and keep the global supply chain moving. We’re building the future of logistics.
ArcBest Technologies is headquartered in Fort Smith, Arkansas.
Our people are at the heart of our success, and we offer a workplace that embraces all cultures, perspectives, and experiences – so we can provide the best atmosphere for our employees and the best service to our customers. If that sounds like something you’d like to be a part of, we’d love to hear from you.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for an Operations Science Analyst to join the ArcBest Technologies team. The Operations Science Analyst is responsible for providing research, analytical guidance, and innovative solutions to business leaders in the design, execution, and evaluation of strategic operational initiatives. Decision makers at all levels rely on this team to provide timely, accurate, actionable data and analysis for strategic planning.
Your contribution may include:
- Observe current processes and systems in operation in order to make intelligible recommendations to leadership on process and system improvements.
- Communicate with business leadership to define project objectives, requirements, and present results.
- Develop analytical models using mathematics, statistics, simulation, or other methods.
- Perform validation and testing of models to ensure accuracy, reformulating models as necessary.
- Present models to Senior Leadership, defining and evaluating problems clearly along with recommended solutions.
- Define data requirements and analyze and interpret data from a variety of sources, primarily relational databases.
- Collaborate with others in the organization to ensure successful implementation of chosen problem solutions.
- Provide education for other business analysts throughout the enterprise on analytics strategies and techniques.
- Other duties and projects, as assigned
As an Operations Science Analyst, you will be a member of the ArcBest Technologies Operations Science team in Fort Smith, AR. Your hours will be Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm, with irregular hours that may occur depending on workload.
Ready to apply? Before doing so, please make sure you meet the minimum requirements:
Education: Minimum, Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline, including Industrial & Systems Engineering, Mathematics, Operations Research, Data Science, or other relevant field. Master of Business Administration or equivalent Master’s Degree, preferred.
Computer Skills: Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel. Experience with programming languages, SQL, and Python, preferred.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquires to email@example.com.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/Disability