at ARAMARK in Henning, Tennessee, United States
The Corrections Oversight Worker supervises inmates to ensure that meal and food items are prepared in accordance with production plans. In this role, you will train workers in methods of performing duties, as well as assign and coordinate work to promote the efficiency of operations. This person is also responsible for the sanitation of the facility and maintaining personal safety, by conforming to all standards and regulations. Essential functions and responsibilities of the position may vary by Aramark location based on client requirements and business needs.
• Adhere to and maintain preparation and production guidelines according to Aramark standards by reviewing and approving production and temperature logs.
• Supervise inmates in food preparation and tray assembly.
• Ensure timely, efficient meal service and all Aramark guidelines are being met.
• Participate in preparation and serving of meals
• Prints and distribute recipes.
• Direct inmates in the use of Aramark recipes and train on proper cooking procedures.
• Ensure proper portions and any special dietary requirements are fulfilled.
• Obtain accurate daily population counts and review with staff.
• Adhere to security policies and procedures. Ensure storage areas are locked at all times.
• Ensure that all kitchen tools and equipment are returned to their designated secure area. Ensure all keys are returned and secured.
• Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules and sanitation schedules while ensuring that cooks, inmates and/or food service workers adhere to the assigned schedule.
• Assist in conducting inventory, properly receiving, and storing food and food related items. Requisition orders as needed for approval.
• Participates in the preparation/5 P’s (Participation, Pulls, Production, Portion Control, and Postproduction), storage and assembly of meals and food items.
• Follows the Company’s Standard of Operation for food handling and storage. Follows HACCP policies and procedures regarding proper food handling procedures.
This job profile does not contain a comprehensive listing of all required activities, duties, or responsibilities. Job duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
• Must be over 18 years of age
• Minimum of one (1) year of food prep or related work preferred
• Previous supervisory experience preferred
• Previous experience interacting with inmates a plus
• Ability to motivate and supervise inmates and/or team members to attain quality and quantity of food production in a correctional work environment
• Must be able to obtain a food safety certification
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision
• Ability to exercise good judgment and tact
• Must be able to follow basic safety procedures and policies
• Must qualify for and maintain correctional facility security clearance
This role may have physical demands including, but not limited to, lifting, bending, pushing, pulling and/or extended walking and standing. This role may also require uniforms and/or usage of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet.
At Aramark, we believe that every employee should enjoy equal employment opportunity and be free to participate in all aspects of the company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
The people of Aramark proudly serve millions of guests every day through food, facilities, and uniform services in 19 countries around the world. Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet. We believe a career should develop your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional growth. So, no matter what you’re pursuing – a new challenge, a sense of belonging, or just a great place to work – our focus is helping you reach your full potential. Learn more about working here at http://www.aramarkcareers.com or connect with us on Facebook , Instagram and Twitter .
Aramark is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Aramark will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance ordinance.To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account