at ArcBest in Fort Smith, Arkansas, United States
Who we are
ArcBest Technologies, an ArcBest® company, is an innovative technology company that provides custom-built solutions and leading-edge technologies that help our customers and suppliers successfully navigate the complex supply chain landscape. Our team is made up of highly engaged and creative tech and analytical professionals – engineers, mathematicians, data scientists, software developers, information system specialists and more – who create smart solutions that deliver value to our customers and keep the global supply chain moving. We’re building the future of logistics.
ArcBest Technologies is headquartered in Fort Smith, Arkansas.
Our people are at the heart of our success, and we offer a workplace that embraces all cultures, perspectives, and experiences – so we can provide the best atmosphere for our employees and the best service to our customers. If that sounds like something you’d like to be a part of, we’d love to hear from you.
What you’ll do
Currently, we are looking for a Product Support Specialist to join the ArcBest Technologies team. The role of the Product Support Specialist is to plan, execute, and finalize system configuration and development changes within appropriate scope and impact. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan.
The Product Support Specialist will be the primary contact for all CA PPM system changes, support, and training concerns and must maintain excellent communication with management, team members and other stakeholders. A key role of the Product Support Specialist is to not only provide the business with exceptional service, but to ensure a stable working implementation of the CA PPM system while assisting with CA PPM-related tasks as they apply to ArcBest Technologies initiatives, policies, and procedures. This also includes having an active role in process improvement and change management surrounding CA PPM.
Your contribution may include:
- Work closely with management to prioritize business and information needs.
- Identify process improvement opportunities.
- Recommend improvements to adjust tool to match processes as they grow and change with the organization.
- Lead or play a key role in process improvement changes that involve CA.
- Champion CA PPM and strive to foster better adoption of the tool in the future through proactive change management.
- Stays abreast of product release schedule, platform requirements, and new product features.
- Create and conduct appropriate training for end users as a result of new users being added or upgrades providing significant feature changes.
- Create reports, as requested, to meet business needs.
- Serve as the CA PPM Subject Matter Expert, providing guidance and direction on system functionality and limitations.
- Works with end-users to understand and document requirements, formulate specifications, and configure the application in the areas of portlets, dashboards, workflow, objects, attributes, and system settings.
- Interacts with Vendor’s customer support organization to troubleshoot and resolve complex support issues.
- Support audit processes and data.
- Provide complete and consistent documentation.
- Monitor system performance and work closely with Technical Services to resolve system issues (such as failovers, table locks, and other errors).
- Create documentation, process flows, and presentation decks.
- Assist with the intake of stage gates and documentation for related Tier 1 work as it relates to programs/portfolios within CA PPM.
- Creating and executing XOG scripts.
- System administration for CA PPM tool.
- Create and maintain filters, reports, and dashboards.
- Manage system configuration changes.
- Investigate and troubleshoot data, access, and reporting issues.
- Perform necessary testing for new solutions and upgrades to ensure success.
- Application of techniques used in designing, coding, and testing of automated reports, assuming they are consistent with current ArcBest Technologies standards in place at that time.
- Utilize time management skills for the projects assigned and properly manage priorities and deadlines set by management.
- Scheduling of informal or formal meetings with users concerning reports and tasks and setting up times for demonstration of product changes.
- Determining what type of problem resolution is required and whether a problem should be deferred to another area (if so, who to).
- Determining how and when a request or problem should be reported to management.
- Create solutions to emergency problems that may occur.
- Other duties and projects, as assigned.
As a Product Support Specialist, you will be a member of the ArcBest Technologies Project Management team in Fort Smith, AR. Your work hours will generally be flexible hours between 6:00 am – 6:00 pm with occasional irregular hours depending on workload. 24/7 on call responsibilities.
Ready to apply? Before doing so, please make sure you meet the minimum requirements:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in computer related field of study, required or equivalent IT System Administration or business systems experience.
Experience: Prior relevant experience, preferred.
Computer Skills: Prior training and/or experience in SQL, HTML, XML, CSS, Technical. Troubleshooting skills, and familiarity with SQL Server/Windows environments.
If you require accommodation in the application process, please contact 6 firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (479) 785-8963. An Equal Opportunity Employer including Vet/Disability.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/DisabilityTo view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account