at JA Riggs Tractor Co dba Riggs Cat in Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
Job DescriptionRiggs CAT
The Power Systems Sales Manager is responsible for driving market share, sales and service revenue, and customer service through our power systems sales team. This position is expected to motivate and proactively assist the team in meeting and exceeding their revenue and profitability goals.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Effective development and leadership of the outside (and inside- if applicable) sales reps – including training and development
- Work with Management to exceed sales goals
- Provide frequent updates to executive team including: jobsite coverage, individual sales performance, wins/losses, competitive updates, etc.
- Develop and implement a proactive sales training process to address product knowledge, application usability, new product introductions, etc.
- Direct lost sale reporting and participation and ensure information is timely and accurate
- Review sales orders and commission calculations to ensure accuracy within corporate guidelines
- Develop marketing strategies, focused on generator core products and ancillary product offerings
- Collaborate with all sales and service channels to ensure all areas can win in the market
- Ensure performance standards are met within the team and Riggs
- Review monthly operating statements and reports and develop ideas to increase revenue channels
- Develop sales team with frequent and purposeful ride-a-longs
- Promote and develop positive relationships with customers to maximize profits and inventory turns and minimize slow moving inventory
- Develop strategies, promotions, and directives to increase revenues and profits
- Maintain awareness of competitors' activity in the field and proactively address those areas
- Direct the development of long term, value added relationships with customers
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Bachelor's degree or 5 or more years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Business awareness and numerical ability.
- 5 years sales management and/or Power Systems market experience
- Ability to coach, lead, and strategize with fellow team members
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel, Outlook, and other database systems
- Fluent in using a CRM system
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This employee must be able to exert 10 lbs of force frequently and 50 lbs of force on occasion. This position requires kneeling, standing, squatting, and grasping frequently.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Required travel up to 50% depending on current projects and business/customer needs.
This position is considered a safety sensitive position.
The Job description is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)