at CDM Smith in Fort Smith, Arkansas, United States
- We are open to having this opening be based at any of our CDM Smith offices located in the United States. We are also considering partial or full remote schedules for this position. Ideal city locations include, Wadsworth, Cleveland, Pittsburg, Chicago, Edison, or Boston.**
Working independently, provides oversight and expert technical guidance on designs of electric master system plans, power system, protection and generation models, facility power systems, sustainability/renewable energy systems, and other similar electrical systems of moderate to high complexity to meet client project requirements.
• Reviews draft designs for compliance with federal, state and local regulations and signs off on completed designs.
• Ensures that firm policies and practices are followed on all designs. Performs site reviews and studies, as needed, to ensure designs are aligned with location specifications. Updates design requirements as necessary.
• Contributes to firm’s TKM by developing white papers and technical design documentation of new or special case designs, studies, etc..
• Submits technical papers and designs for publishing to technical journals.
• Collaborates with sales staff to create proposals in response to current and potential client requests for proposal (RFPs).
• Reviews draft proposals for adherence to firm, industry, state, local and federal regulations and best practices.
• Meets with current and potential future clients to review their current and future design needs. Attends conferences, symposia, etc. to improve the visibility of the firm’s products and services in collaboration with applicable sales staff.
• Acts as the primary point of contact for external client and related industry contact.
• Collaborates with clients and government officials to clarify technical questions provides updates to project management as necessary.
• Performs other duties as required.
• Provides technical guidance and training to more junior staff.
• Mentors more junior staff and develops them for future growth within the discipline and firm.
• Supervises the work of junior engineers on project work.
Electrical Engineer 8 (Substation- Remote Option)
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering, or Electrical Technology or related discipline. Professional engineering (PE) license. 15 years of related experience. Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands. Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
Responsible for Substation engineering including detailed design for high voltage substation projects through 345kV including:
• Protective relay schemes
• Relay Schematics and wiring diagrams
• Equipment specifications and selection
• Hardware specifications and selection, including SCADA/RTU components
• Knowledge of NESC & NEC
• Substation grounding grid design & lightning protection
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
Join Us! CDM Smith – where amazing career journey unfold.
Imagine a place committed to offering an unmatched employee experience. Where you work on projects that are meaningful to you. Where you play an active part in shaping your career journey. Where your co-workers are invested in you and your success. Where you are encouraged and supported to do your very best and given the tools and resources to do so. Where it’s a priority that the company take good care of you and your family.
Our employees are the heart of our company. As an employer of choice, our goal is to provide a challenging, progressive and inclusive work environment which fosters personal leadership, career growth and development for every employee. We value passionate individuals who challenge the norm, deliver world-class solutions and bring diverse perspectives. Join our team and together we will make a difference and change the world.
Job Site Location:
United States – Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No – We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
Expert Knowledge of computer assisted design and drafting (CADD) 3D and 4D software and practices. Expert Knowledge of engineer principles of design. Expert Knowledge of Microsoft business software (excel, word, etc.). Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Expert knowledge of federal, state and local regulations.
U.S. Vaccine Status:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) are committed to your health and safety. CDM Smith and its employees adhere to all applicable government and client COVID-19 requirements.