at CDM Smith in Springdale, Arkansas, United States
CDM Smith is looking to hire a full time Senior Geotechnical Engineer with expertise in foundation design (deep and shallow), geothermal analysis and design, excavation support system design, underground engineering and construction oversight, and tunneling.
The position must be based out of our Boston, MA, Chelmsford, MA, Providence, RI, or Manchester, NH offices. However, we offer a hybrid work environment allowing for working in the office and remotely from home.
As a member of our Geotechnical Team you would contribute to CDM Smith’s mission by:
- Planning, scheduling, and coordinating geotechnical subsurface exploration programs including geotechnical laboratory testing programs for a wide range of project types.
- Performing and/or overseeing geotechnical engineering analyses, evaluations, and calculations for geotechnical engineering studies and designs.
- Providing engineering services during construction on projects involving earthwork, deep foundations, support of excavations, geothermal borefield installations, and other project types.
- Preparing and/or reviewing geotechnical data and design reports and contract documents.
- Preparing scope, schedules, and budgets for proposals.
- Working as an integrated member of a multi-disciplined team on complex civil works projects.
- Managing projects, subcontractors, and geotechnical staff on multi-disciplined projects and work within multi-disciplined team environment.
- Directing the work of a staff of up to 5 engineers and technicians.
- Acting as mentor for staff-level engineers.
- Maintaining liaison with individuals and units within or outside the organization.
- Working with clients in the public, private, and federal sectors.
Geotechnical Engineer 6
- Bachelor’s degree in Geotechnical, Civil, Mining or Geologic Engineering or related discipline. Professional engineering (PE) license.
- 10 years of related experience.
- Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
- Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Advanced degree (M.S or Ph.D.) in Civil Engineering with Geotechnical Engineering emphasis.
- Working knowledge of FLAC 2D/3D or Plaxis 2D/3D is a plus.
- Experience in the design of deep geothermal well systems.
- Experience on water, wastewater, and water resources projects with municipal, state, and federal agencies.
- Experience on transportation projects.
- Experience in tunnels (rock and soft ground), micro-tunneling, freeze shafts, horizontal directional drilling (HDD), ground treatment/improvement technologies (grouting, deep soil mixing, deep shafts and excavation support systems, or geo-environmental projects is a plus.
- Experience with staff management, project management, and business development is a plus.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.cdmsmith.com/en/Video/Meet-CDM-Smith)
Join Us! CDM Smith – where amazing career journeys unfold.
Imagine a place committed to offering an unmatched employee experience. Where you work on projects that are meaningful to you. Where you play an active part in shaping your career journey. Where your co-workers are invested in you and your success. Where you are encouraged and supported to do your very best and given the tools and resources to do so. Where it’s a priority that the company takes good care of you and your family.
Our employees are the heart of our company. As an employer of choice, our goal is to provide a challenging, progressive and inclusive work environment which fosters personal leadership, career growth and development for every employee. We value passionate individuals who challenge the norm, deliver world-class solutions and bring diverse perspectives. Join our team, and together we will make a difference and change the world.
Job Site Location:
United States – Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No – We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
- Expert Knowledge of engineering principles of design.
- Expert Knowledge of Microsoft business software (Excel, Word, etc.).
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations as they apply to engineering projects.
- Experience in geotechnical engineering software, i.e., GeoStudio Suite of programs, LPile, APile, GROUP (or similar programs), Plaxis, FLAC, and Geothermal programs, etc.
U.S. Vaccine Status:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) are committed to your health and safety. CDM Smith and its employees adhere to all applicable government and client COVID-19 requirements.To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account