at Michael Baker International in Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a global leader in Engineering, Architecture and Consulting services dedicated to developing and implementing innovative solutions to the world's infrastructure and environmental challenges. Supported by more than 3,000 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve our clients' complex challenges.
From airport master plan development to new runway design, Michael Baker International knows the business of airports - from the smallest general aviation facilities to the busiest international airports in the world. For more than 80 years, we have provided planning, design, and construction services to airports worldwide, serving as an on-call "extension of staff" to many of our aviation clients. Michael Baker's award-winning personnel have a reputation for taking their understanding of the local airport community / environment and incorporating related elements into their designs and plans. Knowing that airports are a key economic driver and source of pride for the geographic areas they serve, we proudly perform as partners in more than facilities and other infrastructure. We partner in success.
The successful candidate will be responsible for driving production of airfield designs. The candidate will be responsible for the development and design of construction plans and specifications. Responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Building on your experience in airport airfield design projects including construction of terminal aprons, runways, taxiways, supporting utility infrastructure, siting and design of NAVAIDS, pavement design, and construction and safety phasing.
- QA/QC reviews throughout the life of the design.
- Performing design of grading of drainage of the improvement area in accordance with FAA specifications and standards.
- Assisting Project Managers and Engineers in design oversight, coordination, and CADD related tasks during all phases.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering
- Minimum 1 - 4 years of civil engineering design experience with a concentration in airfield design. A Master's degree can be substituted for 1-2 years of experience.
- Licensed EIT
- Proficient with AutoCAD and AutoCAD Civil 3D design
- Airfield civil design including airfield pavement design is a plus.
- Ability to analyze GIS data.
- Attention to detail and effective decision making, organization, and editing skills.
- Good interpersonal, communication, and conceptual thinking skills.
- Work independently and within a team setting to support projects and assignments.
- Knowledge and experience with the AIP and the grant programs.
- Knowledge of FAA Airports policies and procedures.
- Federal/DoD Aviation design experience is a plus.
Michael Baker International, a leading provider of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management, has been solving some of...
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity