at FedEx Freight, Inc. in Harrison, Arkansas, United States
Company: FedEx Freight
Job Title: Mgr-Operations Research
Job Requisition Number: RC515479
Job Family: FXF: ENGR-MGMT
Time Type: Full Time
2200 Forward Drive
Harrison, Arkansas 72602-0840
8285 Tournament Drive
Memphis, Tennessee 38125-1745
To apply advanced analytic techniques to data with the goal of discovering useful information, suggesting conclusions and supporting decision making across the company. Concentrate on inspecting, cleansing, transforming and modeling data and summarizing findings.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Select, train, develop and motivate a staff of analysts/advisors
2. Direct the design and development of advanced analytic models as part of the business model
3. Direct development and implementation of data collection systems from primary and secondary sources and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality
4. Identify, analyze, interpret and visualize trends or patterns in complex data sets
5. Develop leading edge analyses to provide insight into critical business issues
6. Maintain current knowledge of state-of-the-art analysis techniques
7. Support the development and integration of leading edge predictive and prescriptive tools into short and long-range planning functions
8. Acquire in-depth understanding of FedEx Freight business processes and corresponding data
9. Research cutting edge technologies in support of the "best practices" in any transportation or network related question
10. Direct the design and implementation of new analysis methods, which impact company's strategic objectives
11. Work closely with peers and other cross-functional areas to identify process improvements in the short-term and long-term planning process
12. Utilize multi-media presentations and formal reports for presenting analyses to senior management
13. Coordinate personnel involved in project administratively and technically
14. Provide technical assistance and mentoring to other operations research professionals
15. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
16. Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
* Master's Degree in Industrial Engineering, Math/Statistics or related quantitative discipline or Bachelor's Degree (aforementioned disciplines) with two (2) years' experience. PhD, preferred
* Five (5) years professional experience in engineering, statistics, forecasting, or quantitative business
* Advanced programming skills and ability to learn new languages, including but not limited to: JAVA, Python, SQL, SAS
* Advanced knowledge of optimization/simulation software such as CPLEX, Gurobi, FlexSim
* Advanced knowledge of mathematical optimization and solution methods for linear and integer programming
* Advanced knowledge of designing and building machine learning models
* Advanced knowledge of relational database systems Oracle, DB2, Terradata and big data implementations (Hadoop), preferred
* Advanced knowledge of ESRI technology, preferred
* Strong computer skills (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint) with a preference for capabilities with statistical software and reporting interfaces such as SAS, Minitab
* Ability to conceptualize and develop new analytical concepts and methodologies
* Ability to anticipate and identify problems and use sound judgment and fact based analysis to develop effective and efficient solutions
* Excellent leadership, time management, organizational, analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills
* Ability to influence others and effectively delegate tasks
* Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills (documentation, communication with peers, management, senior leadership, etc)
* Solid understanding of business operations and the ability to understand users' needs
* Ability to understand and incorporate complex data and statistics into strategic and innovative planning
FedEx Freight is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Freight, please call 800-888-8252 or e-mail at ADAAssistance@freight.fedex.com.
FedEx Freight will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of... For full info follow application link.
FedEx Freight is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran.