at Hunt Guillot & Associates in Ruston, Louisiana, United States
The E&I Process Engineer is a 3-6 month contract position working for a specialty chemical client in the El Dorado, AR area.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Provide overall plant electrical power and instrument systems support.
• Maintain and support PLC's, DCS's, and area power distribution systems.
• Act as E&I liaison with site design contractor for small and large capital projects.
• Writing or approving project scopes
• Marking-up and approving all E&I drawings
• Establishing and maintaining installation details and standards
• Representing business unit at PHAs
• Assuring adherence to standards (i.e., safety interlock)
• Providing E&I construction, check-out, and start-up support
• Design and implement process control improvements
• Provide guidance and training for E&I reliability personnel, mechanics, and other specialists
• Assist operations in troubleshooting instrument/electrical problems
• Maintain P&I loop sheets, electrical drawings, safety interlock test procedures, control valve specifications, and other essential E&I documentation so they are current and complete