at CDM Smith in Springdale, Arkansas, United States
The following duties will be performed in any combination of time based on the type of construction project and where the project is in the construction lifecycle:
• Supervises and directs overall project activities as assigned. Provides basic to highly complex technical, field and site administration support to field and project personnel. Prepares and reviews submittals of high complexity. Issues construction documents and layout to field crews and answers questions. Prepares and interprets specifications and drawings for foreman and superintendents. Maintains and edits all field as-built drawings for projects. Completes requests for information (RFI) and helps project manager with change management. Ensures the timely arrival of parts, equipment, construction materials, and installation with field personnel and vendors. Develops simple to complex scopes of work. Develops or assists in the development of purchase orders, subcontracts, change orders, and applications for payment to the client. Performs surveying functions and verifies final locations and elevations. Prepares required documentation and records such as: Project Execution Plans (PXPs), conforming bid documents from addenda, status reports, Operations and Maintenance manuals, warranties, spare parts, and punch lists. Assists design engineers and labor/subcontractors to determine solutions for unexpected site conditions. Develops agendas and attends project meetings with project team, subcontractor, and owner. May independently manage small to medium pieces of a construction project of basic to moderate complexity.
• Performs basic to highly complex estimating tasks including performing quantity take-offs, creating material price lists, and researching labor, material and equipment costs for these take-offs. Utilizes Timberline to prepare Opinions of Probable Cost of Construction (OPCC) and design build projects. Researches historical data (purchase orders, subcontracts, productivity analysis reports, etc.) and compiles summary reports to develop guidelines and precedence for future estimates. Receives, reviews and files pricings received from project managers against OPCCs performed by Estimators. Contacts subcontractors and suppliers for current pricings. Participate in pre-bid job walks. Participates in Bid-Day quote tabulations.
• Prepares basic to highly complex project controls analyses, spreadsheets, and schedules for routine and non-routine project reporting. Collects and updates engineering and construction information to reflect most current plans/requirements. Inputs data for development of a detailed baseline schedule for engineering and construction with projects. Generates reports and graphics to provide data for subcontract change requests, bid comparisons, new work item estimates, and resolution of potential schedule/work problems. Supports collection of sub-consultant and contractor schedule and cost submittals.
• Provides technical guidance and training to more junior staff. Reviews the work of more junior staff.
• Reviews contract specifications, quality plans, design and construction submittals, and drawings. Conducts or assists with conducting field inspections to evaluate the work performed and materials used. Verifies quality of workmanship, quality/quantity of materials used, and compliance with plans, specifications, estimates and applicable codes and regulations. Documents deficiencies and deviations from plans. Maintains and updates Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) reporting for project sites.
• Participates in controlling hazardous working conditions and unsafe employee activities on project sites. Communicates concerns or near misses to project manager.
• Deploys and supports construction technology and virtual design application on appropriate project sites. Assists in managing the modeling efforts and deliverables to solve construction issues. Assists in facilitating solutions through collaboration with the design and project teams via VDC, Building Information Modeling (BIM), and traditional collaboration methods.
• Participates with project staff to prepare and analyze Estimated Cost At Completion (ECAC). Monitors original and current budget by project task code structures and analyzes and compare task code costs and performance across all project categories to ensure accuracy of project reports. Contributes to developing the period sensitive project reporting including weekly craft labor, general conditions, and estimating labor tracking. Conducts advanced change order tracking to include pending change orders and works with project staff on change management needs with subs and clients.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Construction Specialist 4
FSI ENT Non-WFT Field
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related discipline.
• 5 years of related experience.
Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
Job Site Location:
United States – Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No – We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
• Must be a U.S. Citizen.
• Advanced ability to identify moderately complex problems and discrepancies, independently perform research and analysis of causes, and recommend corrective actions.
• Excellent computation skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Advanced knowledge of technology typically associated with engineering and construction.
• Good ability to read and interpret construction and engineering documents and drawings.
• Advanced knowledge of construction industry terminology.
• Proficient knowle