at ArcBest in Fort Smith, Arkansas, United States
ArcBest is a logistics company with creative problem solvers who deliver integrated solutions for complex supply chain challenges.
Wanting to join the ArcBest family? In our search for top talent, we are looking for those that will further enable us to deliver on our vision and fully support our values-driven culture.
Currently, we are looking for a Financial Services Student Worker to join the ArcBest team. The Student Worker in the Financial Services department is primarily responsible for managing daily procedures for the department and managing customer and vendor relationships. This position will work with multiple teams including Accounts Receivable, Cash Application, and Accounts Payable, as deemed appropriate by the leadership of the department.
Your contribution may include:
- Review customer terms, paperwork and shipment details to ensure accurate invoicing.
- Manage customer account balances and identify delinquent payment situations.
- Process, print and transmit invoices.
- Apply cash as it is received from customer.
- Work to ensure customer and carrier relationships are maintained.
- Resolve customer disputes and rejections and perform root cause analysis with invoice transmission.
- Resolve account past due issues, billing disputes, misapplied payments, and other requests, as needed, to ensure accurate and timely payment of invoices.
- Image carrier invoices and index for payment processing and records storage.
- Review and approve vendor invoices, setups, and corrections.
- Determine root cause issue for late payments and implement problem solving solutions to prevent future late payments either from customers (A/R) or two our vendors (A/P).
- Work on specific projects as they arise, such as gathering credit report data, organizing and printing correspondence to customers, and entering invoice data into online systems.
- Improve quality, productivity, and effectiveness through the Quality Process in the handling of internal and external customers.
As a Financial Services Student Worker, you will be a member of the ArcBest Financial Service: Accounts Payable. Your hours will be within Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm, with irregular hours that may occur depending on work load. You will be working up to 29 hours.
Ready to apply? Before doing so, please make sure you meet the minimum requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent, required.
- Must be currently enrolled in college working towards a degree.
- Must be able to maintain highly confidential information.
If you require accommodation in the application process, please contact
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/Disability