at CDM Smith in Fort Smith, Arkansas, United States
Are you passionate about learning and learning technology? Have you achieved successes by applying innovative approaches to the use of learning technology? If so, this is an opportunity for you! As the intermediate learning systems specialist you will be responsible for configuring, maintaining, and influencing the application of our Learning Experience Platform (LXP) and Learning Management System (LMS) to achieve a best in class learning experience for our employees. This individual will work closely with the learning development team, the larger HR organization, and leaders from our technical communities of practice to map out and execute the actions required to achieve their respective learning goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversees the learning system platforms (i.e., LxP and LMS) to support content management, utilization, and application of features of the learning platforms. Troubleshoots, develops, and implements best practices to support our learning programs.
• Serves as the system administrator for learning system platforms (i.e., LxP and LMS). Oversees the installation of all system updates, upgrades, integrated tools, and other software integrated within learning platforms. Works with vendors to determine upgrades and best practices. Makes recommendations on future improvements to content management, workflow processes, and user experience.
• Performs analysis of employee learning data points to support reporting on learning development initiatives and subsequent marketing of learning opportunities. Works with CDM Smith University team and designated other staff to share data and create and implement action plans.
• Creates and supports the development of LxP and LMS learning experiences to support stakeholder objectives. This may include the use of pathways, plans, assessments, user guides, job aids, videos.
• Performs other duties as required.
Intermediate Learning Systems Specialist (Remote Options)
• Bachelor’s degree.
• 4 years of relevant experience.
Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
Demonstrated experience working with a LMS or an LXP.
Demonstrated experience troubleshooting LMS/LxP related problems.
Demonstrated experience to think critically to evaluate problems and design innovative solutions.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
Job Site Location:
Southeast United States
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No – We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrates a passion for technology learning and a commitment to staying on top of technology trends and emerging technologies in the learning space.
• Demonstrates the ability to be a critical thinker, detail oriented and execution focused.
• Excellent communication, facilitation and presentation skills required.
• Ability to work across disciplines to achieve desired outcomes.
• Basic task management skills.
• Proven ability to work as part of a team to achieve the group’s objectives.
U.S. Vaccine Status:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) are committed to your health and safety. CDM Smith and its employees adhere to all applicable government and client COVID-19 requirements.