at CDM Smith in Springdale, Arkansas, United States
CDM Smith Inc. is a multi-discipline engineering, architectural, and construction firm. Our firm is responsible for the design and construction of large-scale water and wastewater plant design, transit facilities, industrial facilities, facility planning and condition assessment work. In response to increased demand for projects requiring BIM, we are growing our team of modelers. As a Senior Modeler at CDM Smith Inc. you will have the opportunity to grow your career as part of a collaborative multidisciplinary team of technical experts working on challenging projects in Environment, Industry, Commercial, Transportation, and Water.
We offer partial remote schedules for this position. We would like to have someone located out of our offices in Boston, Chicago, Orlando, Phoenix, Denver, Dallas, or Pittsburgh.
The Modeler position will have the following responsibilities:
- Prepares highly complex Structural models and sets of construction drawings for reinforced concrete, structural steel, reinforced masonry, and other materials which may include multiple views, plans, sections, and detail drawings indicating components of structures, facilities, or systems where minimal information/guidance is provided by rough sketches and/or verbal outlines of requirements.
- Reviews manufacturers’ or fabricators’ prints to aid in the development of models and design documents. Provides junior BIM modelers with design sketches for preparation of models, general layouts and complete design drawings.
- Provides technical guidance to junior modelers and reviews completed assignments for accuracy and adherence to the firm’s QA/QC standards and procedures.
- Interfaces regularly with structural engineers and other engineering disciplines, subcontractors, clients, vendors, and project engineers to obtain design information, support project production, and coordinate structural models and documents with other design disciplines.
- Performs tasks such as coordinates verification of model integrity, coordinates clash detection, coordinates collaboration with other disciplines, develops drawing lists, plots drawings, prepares transmittals, prepares overnight packages, file management and/or, filing prints, distributes drawings, and assists in making simple design calculations, and coordinates specifications with drawings. Assists in predicting workload effort, scheduling, and staffing.
- Performs walkthroughs of models using Navisworks for project stakeholders.
- Provides general conceptual input to projects during the planning stages, and supports or leads field assignments, as required.
- Reviews shop drawings of reinforced concrete, structural steel, miscellaneous metal and masonry.
- Performs other duties, as required.
Building Information Modeler (BIM) 4
- High School diploma or equivalent with vocational technical training in basic CADD drafting technology and intelligent modeling.
- 6 years of relevant experience.
- Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
- Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Extensive experience preparing Structural models using Revit, Navisworks, or other BIM applications, and AutoCAD.
- Experience with ProjectWise, Bluebeam, and Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Prior supervisory experience a plus.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.cdmsmith.com/en/Video/Meet-CDM-Smith)
Join Us! CDM Smith – where amazing career journeys unfold.
Imagine a place committed to offering an unmatched employee experience. Where you work on projects that are meaningful to you. Where you play an active part in shaping your career journey. Where your co-workers are invested in you and your success. Where you are encouraged and supported to do your very best and given the tools and resources to do so. Where it’s a priority that the company takes good care of you and your family.
Our employees are the heart of our company. As an employer of choice, our goal is to provide a challenging, progressive and inclusive work environment which fosters personal leadership, career growth and development for every employee. We value passionate individuals who challenge the norm, deliver world-class solutions and bring diverse perspectives. Join our team, and together we will make a difference and change the world.
Job Site Location:
United States – Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No – We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills with strict attention to detail.
- Demonstrates ability to be a flexible team player and the ability to adapt to changing requirements.
- Possesses software experience in the use of Microsoft Office for design related tasks.
- Solid working knowledge of modeling technologies.
U.S. Vaccine Status:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) are committed to your health and safety. CDM Smith and its employees adhere to all applicable government and client COVID-19 requirements.To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account