at CDM Smith in Springdale, Arkansas, United States
CDM Smith is one of the world’s top design, program management (PM) and construction management (CM) firms, providing innovative and creative solutions for our clients and assisting them in achieving successful outcomes on their most important programs. We currently provide PM/CM services around the world with over 300 working full-time professionals who use world-class program controls, processes, and tools.
CDM Smith is seeking to enhance our team to primarily support FEMA’s Hazard Mitigation Technical Assistance Program (HMTAP) with the potential to support USACE Institute for Water Resource (IWR), and other related contracts with the U.S. This opportunity is slated for an emerging or mid-career professional ready to take on increasing responsibilities under the mentorship of more senior staff. Projects include providing technical assistance to FEMA grant programs, policy, and guidance development support, applied research, and environmental compliance activities with both FEMA Headquarters and the Regions. Projects are located throughout the U.S. and its territories.
This is a full-remote position with some travel as needed.
- Providing technical and/or programmatic support to the HMTAP programs nationwide.
- Supporting Project Managers in the execution of projects to successfully meet required scope, schedule, and budget.
- Leading discrete / major task within projects
- Providing direct support to clients and program stakeholders.
- Serving as a technical and/or programmatic resource for other staff in the development of quality deliverables.
Civil Engineer 4 (FEMA)
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Environmental, or Mechanical Engineering or related discipline. Certification as an Engineer in Training (EIT) or passing the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam in states where an EIT is not obtainable (within 18 months of hire or promotion or transfer).
- 5 years of related experience.
- Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
- Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Previous Hazard Mitigation Technical Assistance Program, RiskMAP, and/or Building Science experience.
- Previous experience with other federal agencies to support nation policy, or other government program development experience.
- Knowledge of FEMA’s Benefit Cost Analysis (BCA) Tool.
- Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM) certification.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated Leadership abilities.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.cdmsmith.com/en/Video/Meet-CDM-Smith)
Join Us! CDM Smith – where amazing career journeys unfold.
Imagine a place committed to offering an unmatched employee experience. Where you work on projects that are meaningful to you. Where you play an active part in shaping your career journey. Where your co-workers are invested in you and your success. Where you are encouraged and supported to do your very best and given the tools and resources to do so. Where it’s a priority that the company takes good care of you and your family.
Our employees are the heart of our company. As an employer of choice, our goal is to provide a challenging, progressive and inclusive work environment which fosters personal leadership, career growth and development for every employee. We value passionate individuals who challenge the norm, deliver world-class solutions and bring diverse perspectives. Join our team, and together we will make a difference and change the world.
Job Site Location:
United States – Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No – We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and be able to obtain a FEMA Badge, which includes a background investigation for a Public Trust position.
U.S. Vaccine Status:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) are committed to your health and safety. CDM Smith and its employees adhere to all applicable government and client COVID-19 requirements.To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account