at CDM Smith in Jonesboro, Arkansas, United States
CDM Smith’s Asset Management and Geospatial Solutions Practice focuses on providing clients with full-scale infrastructure asset management solutions, implementing innovative GIS databases and geospatial applications, supporting national flood hazard mapping initiatives through GIS development, and implementing data management solutions (business intelligence systems, dashboards, data strategy, and predictive analytics) that help our clients leverage data and technology to make more informed decisions.
By joining our team, you will help our clients and project teams implement innovative technology solutions, develop forward-thinking GIS databases, and leverage data to help our governmental, utility, transportation, and environment clients make more informed decisions.
We are open to full-remote and hybrid schedules for this position.
- With high-level goals provided, develops GIS strategic plans or performs other GIS consulting activities of moderate to high complexity. Leads discussions with clients to design integrated GIS environments. Supports business process modeling and technology evaluation. Evaluates requirements and develops conceptual designs for systems and applications that will address requirements.
- Reviews data sources, supports GIS data development activities, data development, quality control, and data delivery. Conducts complex GIS analysis to support clients and projects. This may include the generation of geospatial statistics, 3D and spatial analysis, and temporal analysis within GIS and asset management software environments.
- Supports application development activities through completion of requirements analysis, application specification and conceptual designs, and application configuration using industry standard GIS-based environments. These could include web, mobile, and dashboard applications. Develops designs that can be reused for other projects. Supports end user testing and client deployment.
- Conceptualizes and designs databases of high complexity including designs that incorporate spatial and asset management data and integrate with 3rd party applications. This includes the design of enterprise geodatabase environments. Supports business process modeling related to GIS database design.
- Supports the development of GIS-based system architecture plans including development of recommendations for GIS, hardware, software, geodatabase design, and enterprise geodatabase implementation. These include complex system architectures that integrate GIS with 3rd party applications, such as modeling software or CMMS.
- Supports proposal development activities including developing scope, schedule, and budgets for related tasks. May partake in red team reviews and interview preparation/execution.
- Provides technical guidance and training to junior staff. Mentors junior staff and develops them for future growth within the discipline and firm. Supervises the work of junior staff on project work.
- Attends conferences, symposia, etc. to improve the visibility of the firm’s products and services in collaboration with applicable sales staff with group approval.
- Contributes to firm’s TKM by assisting in the development of white papers and technical design documentation of new or special case designs, studies, etc. Submits technical papers and designs for publishing to technical journals with approval and review.
GIS Specialist 5 (Remote Option)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Geography, Science, Engineering, Planning, Mathematics or Government or related discipline. Certified GIS Professional (GISP) status, a Master’s degree in one of the fields listed above or has certification in another field (e.g., Professional Engineer’s license).
- 6 years progressively responsible experience applying GIS technology.
- Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
- Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Esri Desktop (or higher/specialty) Certification.
- Specific project related experience with utility data (e.g., water, sewer, storm water, electric, gas) network modeling and/or asset management solutions.
- Working knowledge with deploying enterprise GIS solutions in SQL or Oracle RDBMS environments.
- Working knowledge with providing CMMS solutions and/or strategy as related to asset management and/or GIS.
- Working knowledge of Esri enterprise solutions.
- Specific experience with applying scripting resources such as Python, PHP, Ruby, Perl, VBA, ArcGIS Arcade.
- Working knowledge of dashboard technology such as ArcGIS Insights, Qlik, Microsoft Power BI, Tableau.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.cdmsmith.com/en/Video/Meet-CDM-Smith)
Join Us! CDM Smith – where amazing career journeys unfold.
Imagine a place committed to offering an unmatched employee experience. Where you work on projects that are meaningful to you. Where you play an active part in shaping your career journey. Where your co-workers are invested in you and your success. Where you are encouraged and supported to do your very best and given the tools and resources to do so. Where it’s a priority that the company takes good care of you and your family.
Our employees are the heart of our company. As an employer of choice, our goal is to provide a challenging, progressive and inclusive work environment which fosters personal leadership, career growth and development for every employee. We value passionate individuals who challenge the norm, deliver world-class solutions and bring diverse perspectives. Join our team, and together we will make a difference and change the world.
Job Site Location:
United States – Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No – We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of Esri ArcGIS 10.x and extensions, ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Enterprise (ArcSDE), GPS technology, UML Tools, model builder, Python for ArcGIS, and related geTo view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account