at CDM Smith in Fort Smith, Arkansas, United States
CDM Smith is a multi-discipline engineering and architectural firm. Our firm is responsible for large-scale water and wastewater plant design, transit facilities, industrial facilities, office space design, federal facilities, facility planning and condition assessment work. As an Architect at CDM Smith you will have the opportunity to be a part of a collaborative multidisciplinary team of technical experts working on challenging projects in Environment, Industry, Commercial, Transportation, Federal and Water business portfolios.
We are open to full-remote and hybrid schedules for this position. We would prefer to have someone located out of our Boston, MA, Chicago, IL, Orlando, FL, Dallas, TX, or Phoenix, AZ offices.
The Architect will have the following responsibilities:
- Plan, program, and formulate building design and prepare design presentation and construction contract documents.
- Develop building design criteria directly with clients. Lead preparation of presentation materials and make presentations.
- Lead development and coordination of building design and construction contract documents with architectural and multi-discipline engineering staff.
- Guide junior architectural staff on multi-discipline projects.
- Determination of construction materials, technologies and methodologies for detailing and specifications.
- Compliance with applicable planning, zoning, and building codes and regulations, including coordination with agencies having jurisdiction.
- Support development of project budgets and schedules, both internal and external.
- Support sales, creating proposal renderings and documents in response to client request for proposals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture. Professional Architect registration (RA) required.
- 8 years of related experience with at least 2 of those years as a Registered Architect.
- Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
- Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
Job Site Location:
United States – Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No – We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
- Solid technical knowledge and design application knowledge.
- Expert knowledge of technologies and methodologies in the use of construction materials.
- Expert knowledge of Building Information Modeling and software, preferably Revit, Navisworks and AutoCAD. Familiarity with rendering software programs.
- Expert knowledge of basic business office software (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
U.S. Vaccine Status:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) are committed to your health and safety. CDM Smith and its employees adhere to all applicable government and client COVID-19 requirements.