at CDM Smith in Fort Smith, Arkansas, United States
As a Piping Designer at Louis Perry Group, a CDM Smith company, you will have the opportunity to be a part of a collaborative multidisciplinary team of technical experts working on challenging projects for industrial facilities (chemical, oil and gas, rubber and plastics, etc.). Partial remote work will be considered for this position.
Outline of Responsibilities
The Senior Designer 2 is responsible for implementing the design of the portion of the assigned project through participation in the collection and analysis of data and the initial preparation of satisfactory designs and CAD drawings
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide CAD drafting and/or design with other disciplines in preparation to conform to established guidelines.
• Provide 3D models for areas of project involvement, as required.
• Provide accurate, on schedule design services.
• Collect data and perform detailed calculations to support design parameters.
• Obtain information from historical records, previous projects, etc. to be utilized in analysis of specific project tasks.
• Provide efficient, economical design for installation in accordance with project requirements.
• Coordinate the design with the design of other disciplines.
• Plan design work to meet overall project requirements.
• Train designers and engineers on how to plan, design and execute a project.
• Serve as lead designer of designated projects, as required.
• Provide competent, accurate, economical design that meets the requirements of all applicable standards.
• Review own work, and the work of others when applicable, for thoroughness and accuracy.
• Meet project schedules with a minimum amount of supervision.
• Maintain organized project records for review by supervisors and/or to be part of the project documentation to be issued to the client.
• Understand the Louis Perry & Associates, Inc. Quality Policy Statement.
• Follow the Louis Perry & Associates, Inc. Quality Management System.
Louis Perry Group – Mechanical Piping Senior Designer 2
The Senior Designer 2 must have:
+ a minimum of fifteen (15) years of relevant work experience in the CADD or design field with an Associate’s Degree in CADD technology, Engineering technology, or similar technical field; or,
+ a minimum of eighteen (18) years of relevant work experience in the CADD or design field in lieu of a degree. Preferred Qualifications: • Experience with AutoCAD Plant3D• Experience reading and creating P&IDs• Experience creating isometric drawings• Familiarity with BIM360• Ability to perform site surveys in industrial environments EEO Statement: The Louis Perry Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Job Site Location: United States – Nationwide Amount of Travel Required: 5% Assignment Category: Fulltime-Regular Why Louis Perry?: Louis Perry & Associates: Built on a foundation of strong values, high morals, integrity and passion, Louis Perry & Associates will not only provide you with a rewarding career but the encouragement and tools to become a success.More than being one of the largest and fastest growing engineering and architectural firms in the nation, Louis Perry & Associates also offers a world of opportunity. From training courses and seminars to state-of-the-art technology and a stable, supportive corporate environment, we’re committed to providing the best for our employees and securing the continued success of our company The Perry Group: The Perry Group is a full-service, design/build, general construction and construction management firm and a specialized equipment systems manufacturer. Over the past twelve years, we have built, fabricated and managed nearly $1 billion worth of construction and equipment projects. Visa Sponsorship Available: No – We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Necessary to Perform Essential Job Functions
+ Strong computer aptitude to include thorough knowledge of computer-aided drafting design systems.
+ Ability to effectively guide and supervise the work of others.
+ Strong organizational skills.
+ Team player attitude.
+ Understanding of building materials and construction methods; knowledge of procedures for production of construction documents.
+ Strong communication skills.
+ Analytical and problem solving skills.
Background Check and Drug Testing Information:
The Louis Perry Group reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, the Louis Perry Group may conduct drug testing for designated positions.
Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview.
The Louis Perry Group will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant’s criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate.
In addition, during employment individuals may be required by the Louis Perry Group or a Louis Perry Group client to successfully complete additional background checks, including motor vehicle record as well as drug testing.
U.S. Vaccine Status:
The Louis Perry Group is committed to your health and safety. The Louis Perry Group and its employees adhere to all applicable government and client COVID-19 requirements.