at CDM Smith in Memphis, Tennessee, United States
We are currently seeking a Project Technical Leader to support CDM Smith’s firm-wide Climate Resilience team and strategic initiatives. This candidate will have experience in leading multi-disciplinary teams in climate change services, including vulnerability assessments, climate resilience and adaptation plans.
The candidate will perform well in a Project Technical Leader role and will lead a team of engineers and scientists on projects for a variety of clients, including those in the federal and public sector.
Roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Lead and collaborate with a team of climate scientists, planners, design engineers, and asset management specialists to deliver climate resilience projects
• Able to assess and understand a problem and develop and communicate a technical strategy to the client.
• Positioning us technically, ahead of climate change challenges being recognized in the marketplace.
• Mentor staff on climate resilience best practices
• Ensures that firm policies and practices are followed on all projects.
• Learn Project Technical Leader techniques and the CDM Smith’s management system.
• Provides technical management of resources, including developing scopes and schedules in conjunction with the project manager.
• Implement CDM Smith’s quality procedures at project and task levels
• Contribute to the firm’s Technical Knowledge Management (TKM) by developing white papers and technical documentation of new or special case designs, and studies.
• Embracing the opportunities afforded by a matrix organization and leverage its advantages to grow the firm while keeping our existing clients “CDM Smith clients”
• Prepares for and meets with current and potential future clients to review their current and future climate resilience needs.
Management Specialist 5
7 years of related experience.
Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
• Applicable certifications, such as (but not limited to): Professional engineering (PE) license, Professional scientist registration/certification, Climate change professional certification
• Master’s degree in related discipline.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
Join Us! CDM Smith – where amazing career journey unfold.
Imagine a place committed to offering an unmatched employee experience. Where you work on projects that are meaningful to you. Where you play an active part in shaping your career journey. Where your co-workers are invested in you and your success. Where you are encouraged and supported to do your very best and given the tools and resources to do so. Where it’s a priority that the company take good care of you and your family.
Our employees are the heart of our company. As an employer of choice, our goal is to provide a challenging, progressive and inclusive work environment which fosters personal leadership, career growth and development for every employee. We value passionate individuals who challenge the norm, deliver world-class solutions and bring diverse perspectives. Join our team and together we will make a difference and change the world.
Job Site Location:
United States – Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No – We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Excellent presentation skills (in person and virtually)
• Understanding of trends in climate policy at Federal, State, and local levels
• Understanding of climate science
• Able to translate climate change information to audiences with varying levels of base understanding
• Understanding of how infrastructure, communities, and the environment are impacted by climate change
• Excels in a team environment with a culture of open communication connection
• Active in climate resilience professional societies or networks
Background Check and Drug Testing Information:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions. Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview. CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant’s criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate. In addition, during employment individuals may be required by CDM Smith or a CDM Smith client to successfully complete additional background checks, including motor vehicle record as well as drug testing.
U.S. Vaccine Status:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) are committed to your health and safety. CDM Smith and its employees adhere to all applicable government and client COVID-19 requirements.