at CDM Smith in Fayetteville, Arkansas, United States
- We are open to having this opening be based at any of our CDM Smith offices located in the United States. We are considering partial remote schedules for this position.**
As an Architect at Louis Perry Group, a CDM Smith company, you will have the opportunity to be a part of a collaborative multidisciplinary team of technical experts working on challenging projects for industrial facilities (chemical, oil and gas, rubber and plastics, etc.), office space design, facility planning and condition assessment work. Partial remote work will be considered for this position.
The Senior Architect 1 is responsible for the project staffing, and planning and organizing Architectural, Engineering, and Interior Design requirements for designated architecturally driven projects.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Attending Planning Commission, Architectural Review Board, and Zoning Commission Meetings.
• Developing a written program with Client, in collaboration with the Engineering Managers / Supervisors.
• Researching and selecting basic materials, and developing basic exterior walls, sections, and critical details.
• Providing accurate, on-schedule Architectural and design services.
• Developing technical solutions of assigned projects; including field observations and evaluations, researching and collecting data to be utilized in developing technical solutions.
• Completing assignments within time frame allocated without sacrificing the integrity of the end results.
• Ensuring all departmental work is completed with accuracy and thoroughness.
• Mentoring and responding to technical questions by Drafters, Designers and Architects I, II and III.
• Obtaining information from historical records, previous projects, etc. to be utilized in analysis of specific project tasks.
• Preparing departmental task hour estimates for projects.
• Coordinating the staffing efforts or subconsultant efforts required on a project. (Subject to President’s review.)
• Researching and interpreting all applicable codes and regulations.
• Verifying that all materials and methods of construction are in conformance with codes and regulations.
• Checking all architectural drawings and specifications on assigned projects.
• Providing detailed project estimates and schedules for completion as required to meet specific project/proposal requirements. Designing to established project construction budgets.
• Ensuring all design hours are controlled within budget.
• Maintaining responsive business relations with the clients.
• Providing accurate, economical Architectural service and documents.
• Providing detailed correspondence on designated projects such that all project issues are handled in a clear and concise manner.
• Cooperating with parallel activities within the firm including the Engineering disciplines and office administrative functions.
• Incorporating the Louis Perry & Associates’ Quality Policy and Mission Statement in daily activities.
• Following the Louis Perry & Associates’ Quality Systems and Procedures.
Louis Perry Group – Senior Architect 1
The Senior Architect 1 shall have the following:
• Bachelor’s degree in Architecture
• Professional Architect registration (RA)
• eight (8) years of related experience with at least two (2) of those years as a Registered Architect
Note: equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
• Expert knowledge of Building Information Modeling and software, preferably Revit, Navisworks and AutoCAD.
• Familiarity with rendering software programs.
The Louis Perry Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Job Site Location:
United States – Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed Louis Perry Group Placement Agreement from the Louis Perry Group Recruiting Lead to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the Louis Perry Group staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to the Louis Perry Group and any resume submitted to any employee outside of the Louis Perry Group’s Recruiting Lead will be considered property of the Louis Perry Group. The Louis Perry Group will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Why Louis Perry?:
Louis Perry & Associates:
Built on a foundation of strong values, high morals, integrity and passion, Louis Perry & Associates will not only provide you with a rewarding career but the encouragement and tools to become a success.
More than being one of the largest and fastest growing engineering and architectural firms in the nation, Louis Perry & Associates also offers a world of opportunity. From training courses and seminars to state-of-the-art technology and a stable, supportive corporate environment, we’re committed to providing the best for our employees and securing the continued success of our company
The Perry Group:
The Perry Group is a full-service, design/build, general construction and construction management firm and a specialized equipment systems manufacturer. Over the past twelve years, we have built, fabricated and managed nearly $1 billion worth of construction and equipment projects.
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No – We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
• Strong computer aptitude to include thorough knowledge of computer-aided drafting design systems.
• Ability to guide and supervise the work of others.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Strong leader.
• Team player attitude.
• Understanding of building materials and construction methods; knowledge of procedures for production of construction documents.
• Strong communication skills.
• Ability to make independent decisions.
• Analytical and problem solving skills.
• Cost conscious.
• Works overtime as required.
Background Check and Drug Testing Information:
The Louis Perry Group reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, the Louis Perry Group may conduct drug testing for designated positions.
Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview.
The Louis Perry Group will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant’s criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate.
In addition, during employmen