at FedEx Freight, Inc. in Harrison, Arkansas, United States
Company: FedEx Freight
Job Title: Analyst-Safety Telematics
Job Requisition Number: RC472150
Job Family: FXF: SFT-PROF
Time Type: Full Time
2200 Forward Drive
Harrison, Arkansas 72602-0840
Responsible for maintaining, developing and coordinating ELD (Electronic Logging Device) and Telematics efforts through diagnostic testing and reporting of critical areas. Work closely with Field Safety and Leadership to ensure federally mandated Hours of Service (HOS) rules are upheld and followed up on accordingly. Also included are accident reconstruction duties using the FedEx Freight Telematics platform and available software to detail event specifics for root cause analysis purposes.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITES:
1. Analyze ELD and Telematics data applications to determine the best solution and assist peers in advising business partners and Leadership
2. Work closely with functional departments to design reports compliant with requirements of the requestor
3. Review, understand and ensure compliance with all DOT and FMCSA rules and regulations
4. Document, perform testing and identify areas of opportunities
5. Facilitate accident reconstructions by analyzing vehicle telemetry, known facts and other data to detail events
6. Perform ELD HOS studies in order to determine areas of non-compliance
7. Provide ELD and Telematics reporting support for Safety functions in improvement efforts related to various Safety initiatives and operational efficiencies
8. Analyze video Onboard Event Recordings (OER) events to determine driver consultation opportunities
9. Identify and develop solutions that support improved Safety performance
10. Facilitate program and process implementations which includes providing hands-on education at all levels both in person and remotely
11. Participate in an on-call rotation schedule and be able to facilitate quick solutions to opportunities at all hours
12. Build and maintain solid relationships with management and business process owners throughout FedEx Freight and the FedEx organization as well as external partners including 3rd party vendors
13. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
14. Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent LTL experience plus two (2) years' experience in operations, safety, analytics or transportation
* Must be able to handle sensitive data with discretion
* Self-Starter who can think independently and works well with others
* Knowledge of data driven web based applications (QMF, Sigma Excel) preferred
* Knowledge of cross functional departmental processes preferred
* Advanced analytical skills preferred
* Ability to lead projects and solve problems
* Ability to learn new programs and tools based on self-study
* Strong organizational, time management, interpersonal skills with ability to effectively multi-task
* Comprehensive computer skills (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
* Comprehensive presentation, verbal and written communication skills
* Must be able to travel
* Hours may vary due to operational need
FedEx Freight is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Freight, please call 800-888-8252 or e-mail at ADAAssistance@freight.fedex.com.
FedEx Freight will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
FedEx Freight is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran.