at Crafton Tull & Associates, Inc. in Conway, Arkansas, United States
Crafton Tull is a 100% employee-owned firm has been contributing to the built environment for over 55 years. That longevity, coupled with investments in technologies and sustainable design practices, confirms that we are well crafted to lead in the 21st century. Based on client need, we are able to skillfully integrate our talents companywide, and in doing so, harness the skills and ideas of professionals ranging from our civil engineering team, to our energy division and everything in between. We are confident that our dedication to true collaboration has been – and will continue to be – what allows us to produce the exceptional results our clients know to be synonymous with the name Crafton Tull. Learn more about our company by visiting our website at www.craftontull.com .
At Crafton Tull, we understand that happy employees make for a productive team. We work to accomplish that by providing our employees cutting edge tools and outstanding benefits to achieve success both personally and professionally.
- Employee Stock Ownership
- Two Medical Plan Options
- Health Savings Account with Company Match
- Dental & Vision
- Employer Paid Life & Disability
- Traditional and Roth 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Time Off Bank
- Extended Illness Bank
- Incentivized Wellness Program
- Employee Recognition Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Assistance
- And More
BILLING SPECIALIST SUMMARY: Validates and submits projects to accounting system. Prepares and distributes billing invoices, maintains project contract files and records, and maintains accounts receivable records by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Prepares invoices for services provided to clients according to contract.
- Maintains project number assignments and enters into accounting system according to contract.
- Maintains all project contract files.
- Researches and processes customer claims of invoice payment.
- Researches and processes past due accounts, charge backs, returns and bad checks.
- Answers accounts receivable phone inquiries and follows up.
- Calls and /or mails correspondence to clients as necessary to update accounts and provides supporting documentation to clients on request.
- Maintains database and files of accounts receivable activities.
- Assists in project management by activating, inactivating projects and maintain project budget.
- Oversees branch office invoicing and assists with problems.
- Prepares and distributes updates to rate schedule in accounting program.
- Prepares and submits management reports as directed.
- Utilize accounting software to identify outstanding accounts and/or errors.
- Assists other accounting personnel as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: There are no supervisory responsibilities for this position.
COMPETENCIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies-
- Detail oriented
- Planning and organizing
- Excellent communications skills - listening, understanding, and responding
- Teamwork and Cooperation
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: None
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as financial documents, contracts, regulations, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
COMPUTER SKILLS: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Accounting software; Database software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS: Must possess a valid driver license and have a clean driving record.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status