at Berry Global in HOT SPRINGS, Arkansas, United States
Berry Global Berry Global, headquartered in Evansville, Indiana, is committed to its mission of ‘Always Advancing to Protect What’s Important.’ With $13billionin revenue for fiscalyear 2019 on a combined pro forma basis from operations, Berry is a leading global supplier of a broad range of innovative nonwoven, flexible, and rigid products used every day within consumer and industrial end markets. Berry operates over290manufacturing facilities worldwide, on six continents,and employs over48,000 individuals.
At Berry, we pursue excellence in all that we do and are always advancing to improve the way we work along with the products and services we provide. Our culture fosters trust and partnerships through appreciation, acknowledgement, and inclusion. At Berry, we are continuously improving to support our mission and exemplify our values of partnerships, excellence, growth, and safety. To learn more about Berry, visit berryglobal.com.
The Berry Global, Hot Springs Lining (Auxiliary) Mechanic reports to the Auxiliary Engineer. Responsibilities include safely performing a wide variety of tasks associated with punch presses. Core responsibilities include a systematic approach to troubleshooting process issues to ensure safety, quality, scrap and efficiency targets are achieved.
ESSENTIAL JOBS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Accountable for personal adherence to all applicable Safety, GMP, Food Safety, and Plant Policies.
2. Complete a minimum of 2 Observation and 2 Near Miss audits per month.
3. During the PM’s, cleans enclosures and greases the tooling.
4. Performs equipment inspections on AC’s, vacuums, enclosures, hoppers, conveyors all pneumatic components, vision systems and hot glue components.
5. Does basic equipment repairs.
6. Pulls needed tooling and stages at appropriate press.
7. Transfs tooling in repair or maintenance to and from the tool room.
8. Maintains the tooling racks which include cleaning, arranging and doing audits for missing tools.
9. Identifies, tags and documents tools to be repaired.
10. Installs sorter plates and freeways, adjusting cover heights and lane widths.
11. Performs EOR’s.
12. Installs die sets and all guide and pocket wheel tooling.
13. Is able to tear down and startup equipment, including the approval process in a reasonable amount of time.
14. Completes First Article process paper work and challenge sample test forms in a timely and complete fashion.
15. Maintains and contributes challenge sample organization and retention.
16. Performs complete tooling changeover for production orders, including but not limited to:
- Sets up all tooling, including glue.
- Operates all secondary equipment, i.e. stackers.
- Sets up and adjusts all sensors and ensures they are working properly.
- Performs cleaning and preventive maintenance on tooling.
- Complete understanding of the function and name of all tooling components.
- Installs all necessary tooling components to acceptable standards of quality and uptime.
- Completes all paperwork required for Mechanic for first article procedures as well as other documentation.
- Trouble shoots issues with poor machine pertormance in order to maintain expected rate standards.
- Address operator issues with machines using patience and respect.
- Maintains set standard of tool organization.
- Communicates with leads, operators, and incoming shifts any issues that are resolved or to be resolved.
- Performs FOR cleaning on machines between production orders.
- Learns to select and open appropriate vision inspection programs from database.
- Challenges the system with known bad product and determine ability of equipmentjudgment of pass and fail.
- Makes minor corrections in programs necessary to maintain quality standards for finished goods.
17. Perform other related duties assigned.
CONTRIBUTION TO QUALITY, SAFETY AND GMP
1. Support the accomplishment of your work groups through the quality, timeliness and professionalism of your attitude.
2. Supply accurate and timely data as required by pertormance tracking and reporting.
3. Apply resources in a manner which maximizes their effectiveness in assuring quality.
4. Maintain a work environment which will contribute to the assurance of safety and GMP compliance.
5. Adhere to established procedures, perform self-checking and pay attention to detail in the pertormance of your work.
6. Notify management in a timely manner of any problems with procedural compliance.
7. Report observed quality problems and deficiencies in a timely manner.
8. Make recommendations to management for improving the quality and efficiency of your work.
9. Maintain a clean, healthy, and safe work environment by ensuring adherence to safety standards.
10. Maintain a work environment conducive to GMP and quality standards.
Vocation Education School for Maintenance or a minimum of 1 year with similar experience -auto, marine or electrician.
Demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
GED or High School Diploma required
Food Safety and GMP Manufacturing Environment While performing the duties for this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to various types of equipment that have vibration. The employee is regularly required to walk, lift and carry materials <35 through plant in order to function in their job.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. (https://careers-berryglobal.icims.com/jobs/14479/lining-mechanic/job?mode=apply&apply=yes&in\_iframe=1&hashed=-1834445335)
Location US-AR-HOT SPRINGS
Job ID 2022-14479
Position Type Regular Full-Time