at ArcBest in Fort Smith, Arkansas, United States
ArcBest is a logistics company with creative problem solvers who deliver integrated solutions for complex supply chain challenges.
Wanting to join the ArcBest family? In our search for top talent, we are looking for those that will further enable us to deliver on our vision and fully support our values-driven culture.
Currently, we are looking for an Invoice Audit Analyst to join the ArcBest team. The Invoice Audit Analyst works with the Manager, Accounts Payable to ensure timely and accurate processing of invoices paid by ArcBest. This position reviews carrier invoice exceptions, verifies document discrepancies and audits payment accuracy. The Invoice Audit Analyst reviews daily payable reports and meets time specific deadlines to ensure accuracy and efficiency in the invoice approval process. This position provides the highest level of customer service to both internal customers and ArcBest partners, ensuring payments are issued in a timely manner and that any invoice exceptions are correctly identified and properly notated in the system.
Your contribution may include
- Reconcile issues between TMS, Accounts Payable (A/P) Systems and ArcBest Financial Systems.
- Review carrier invoice exceptions including discrepancies in amount charged, paperwork accuracy and remittance information.
- Develop innovative ways for payment processing that enables ArcBest subsidiaries to operate more efficiently and effectively to execute their business goals.
- Handle quote revisions to update receivable and payable information.
- Identify problems and perform root cause analysis to provide solutions to mitigate or eliminate recurring issues.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and present solutions to leadership teams.
- Train and coach team members to ensure understanding and proficiency on A/P processes.
- Manage high value and high-risk audit and payment scenarios to ensure invoices are paid accurately and efficiently.
- Develop and maintain area productivity reports as requested by the leadership team in Financial Services.
- Help to analyze and test A/P system applications and processes and provide guidance on enhancement opportunities.
- Handle various daily and monthly exception reports.
- Recover overpayments and payments made in error.
- Resolve aged payables.
- Handle past due and balance due invoices.
- Contact carriers and/or internal customers to secure documents and information needed.
- Use the service plan to locate pro numbers for invoices that do not have correct pro reference.
- Enter approved wire transfer information.
- Index items in the A/P data entry queue.
- Communicate collaboratively with carriers and internal decision makers through phone calls and emails to resolve inquiries concerning payments.
- Work and contribute to a team setting to accomplish overall corporate, department and individual goals.
- Maintain a positive attitude and high level of customer service with both internal and external customers.
- Work in a team setting to accomplish department goals.
- Other duties and projects, as assigned.
As an Invoice Audit Analyst, you will be a member of the ArcBest Financial Services team in Fort Smith, AR. Your hours will be Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm, with irregular hours that may occur depending on work load.
Ready to apply? Before doing so, please make sure you meet the minimum requirements:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, preferred.
Experience: Minimum, one-year as an Invoice Audit Specialist II or similar relevant position. Experience communicating with customers relating to payments, with excellent verbal and written communication skills, preferred.
Computer Skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with a focus in Excel, and excellent ten key skills, preferred.
If you require accommodation in the application process, please contact
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/Disability