at ArcBest in Fort Smith, Arkansas, United States
ArcBest is a logistics company with creative problem solvers who deliver integrated solutions for complex supply chain challenges.
Wanting to join the ArcBest family? In our search for top talent, we are looking for those that will further enable us to deliver on our vision and fully support our values-driven culture.
Currently, we are looking for an Accounts Payable Specialist I to join the ArcBest team. The Accounts Payable Specialist I handles the scanning, indexing, and processing of all invoices and trade payables that are due and payable by ArcBest in an accurate and timely manner.
Your contribution may include
- Open and scan invoices into the AP indexing queue.
- Index all items in the AP index queue for payment processing.
- Process invoices for payment.
- Scan manually approved invoices to AP paid records.
- File all scanned invoice copies.
- Transfer scanned invoice copies to records storage.
- Approve vendor setups and corrections.
- Contact carriers to secure documents needed.
- Handle past due and balance due invoices.
- Resolve aged payables.
- Recover overpayments or payments made in error.
- Image documents.
- Handle questions with vendors.
- Resolve problems with internal and external customers.
- Maintain a positive attitude and high level of customer service with both internal and external customers.
- Work in a team setting to accomplish department goals.
- Other duties and projects, as assigned.
As an Accounts Payable Specialist I, you will be a member of the ArcBest Financial Services team in Fort Smith, AR. Your hours will be Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm, with irregular hours that may occur depending on work load.
Ready to apply? Before doing so, please make sure you meet the minimum requirements:
Education: Bachelor’s degree, preferred.
Experience: Experience in payables and invoicing, preferred.
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with a focus in Excel, and good ten key skills, preferred.
If you require accommodation in the application process, please contact 1 firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (479) 785-8963. An Equal Opportunity Employer including Vet/Disability.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/Disability