in Faulkner County, AR
Job closes 2-1-22.
BASIC FUNCTION: Annual field inspection and maintenance of Conway Corporation utility services at customer locations.
- General inspection and maintenance of the City utility service points
- Observe and monitor condition of electric meter, meter seal, weather head and connection point to structure for defects; cable box seal, attachment point to structure and general condition of wiring; water meter condition and meter box inspection, ALL subject to the directives of respective Management personnel
- Observe and monitor position and condition of water meter assemblies, adjusting and maintaining as required.
- High school diploma or GED
- 12-18 months of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to prepare and interpret bar graphs.
- Mental alertness and adaptability to office and field area work routines
- Must have a valid Arkansas Drivers License and have a good driving record
- Basic knowledge of electricity
- Good knowledge of city locations of streets, subdivisions, and meter installations within the service territory of the Corporation
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers and other employees with tact and common courtesy
- Ability to work effectively during periods of time constraints
- Ability to work non-standard hours when required