at Memphis Grizzlies, Memphis Basketball LLC in Memphis, Tennessee, United States
The Communications & Publications Game-Night Staff is responsible for assisting the Communications & Publications Staff in implementing the team’s media relations efforts on game nights. This position works part-time during the pre-season, full NBA season, and any applicable play-off season located at FedExForum in Memphis, TN.
- Accurately and efficiently distribute credentials to media and guests;
- Record and transcribe pregame and postgame interviews with players, coaches and staff;
- Assist with press conferences in the media work room;
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required;
- Minimum of one-year relevant college experience in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or other relevant major;
- Ability to work most Grizzlies home games – including nights, weekends and holidays – and be present before media arrival time on game nights;
- Knowledge of AP style;
- Ability to transcribe audio files quickly and accurately;
- Professional and personable demeanor and approach;
- Strong work ethic and organizational skills;
- Ability to take constructive feedback;
- Knowledge of the Memphis Grizzlies and NBA basketball.
- Working toward Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college majoring in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Sports Management, or other relevant degree program.
Memphis Basketball LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to treating all applicants and team members fairly based on their abilities, achievements and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other classification protected by law.