at Memphis Grizzlies, Memphis Basketball LLC in Memphis, Tennessee, United States
FedExForum Guest Relations Hosts are responsible for front line customer service to all FedExForum guests. This role includes greeting and assisting guests, filling special requests, and proactive problem solving during events.
- Ensures all guests are greeted upon arrival and first impression standards are met
- Maintains designated station during scheduled event time
- Ensures all clients have correct tickets and or credentials to enter host area of control.
- Learns the layout of FedExForum and re-directs guests to the correct areas of the building when assistance is needed
- Promotes personal guest relations and ensures all arena guests receive a consistently high standard of service and quality
- Demonstrates Fans First initiatives in customer interactions for all FedExForum events.
- Monitors position assigned section(s), assists guests with seat location, and watches for seat hoppers
- Enforces all rules and policies as directed to include updated health and safety rules and guidelines
- Remains in position unless redeployed by Supervisor or full time staff member.
- Services and fulfills individual requests with expedience and care
- Responds to all inquiries, suggestions and concerns from guests
- Advises, and immediately follows up with their Guest Relations Supervisor with any reported problems or concerns
- Accepts, upon rotation, additional event responsibilities, to include chair break down after concerts and floor shows, ticket scanning, elevator/disabled lift operation, and attends pre- and post- event briefings.
- Supplies detailed event information to the Guest Relations Supervisor during your shift so that all event issues have been resolved or passed on to the appropriate department
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be available to work at least 80% of arena events
- Must have availability to start shifts as early as 4:30 pm -5:30 pm for basketball games, and for non basketball events start times vary by event. Shifts can end as late as 1:00 am
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays, as required
- Minimum one year hospitality, guest service or other direct customer contact experience with heavy emphasis on providing an exceptional level of customer service and satisfaction
- Strong communication, written and interpersonal skills. Must be people-oriented and enjoy working in a team oriented environment
- Must have the ability to relate professionally to all levels of staff, guests, clients and VIP’s
- An energetic, positive, and self-motivated person. Must be diplomatic, mature and professional
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs
- Knowledge and passion for the sports and entertainment industry