at Armtec Defense Technologies in Camden, Arkansas, United States
Process Engineer II/III, Armtec Defense Technologies
Armtec Defense Technologies (Armtec) is an operating unit of the Transdigm Group (NYSE: TDG), an industry leader in aerospace and defense products and services. Armtec is comprised of three business units producing subcomponents for ordnance in Coachella, CA; decoy countermeasure Flares in Camden AR; and radar countermeasure chaff in Lillington NC. At Armtec, we welcome skilled and enthusiastic people who share our determination and high standards to join us in our mission-critical work supporting the US and allied war-fighters who serve us all by defending democracy and protecting freedom. This position is staffed in Camden, AR., at Armtec’s world-class facility for decoy countermeasure Flares
Company Name: Armtec Defense Technologies is an operating unit of the TransDigm Group (NYSE:TDG)
Industry: Manufacturing Combustible Ordnance and Countermeasures
Title: Process Engineer II/III (depending on experience level)
Job Family: Engineering
Reports to: Engineering Manager/DirectorWorks with: Quality, Materials, Operations, other departments as required..
Location: Camden, AR, USA
Type: Full Time
Responsible for various technical assignments in support of Infrared Countermeasure Flare production lines. Work with Integrated Product Teams to ensure chemical processing and production lines meet key performance targets and to solve manufacturing issues.
- Provides engineering support for chemical and powder processing equipment such as blenders, mixers, dryers, tank farm, etc.
- Design various manufacturing fixtures/equipment, including creation of engineering drawings.
- P&ID creation, interpretation.
- Manages projects for renovating or upgrading facilities and processes to increase efficiency, reliability, and capacity.
- Communicate with customers about technical issues and resolution.
- Participate and lead failure analyses.
- Conduct prototype and engineering tests for design verification.
- Oversee testing and qualification of equipment.
- Prepare and give technical presentations.
- Assist in the training of manufacturing personnel to achieve their highest level of proficiency.
- Create manufacturing work instructions and visual work instructions.
- Participate in and lead process hazard analyses.
- Knowledge of control systems preferred.
- Experience with powder consolidation/extrusion a plus.
- Understands DOE and SPC concepts.
- Manage documentation to maintain export compliance.
- Understand and live by Armtec’s ethics and business conduct policies.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Demonstrates an outstanding degree of judgment, organization, planning, initiative, flexibility and creativity.
- Performs satisfactorily under pressure from demand for production and other exigencies.
- Must be resourceful and creative pertaining to equipment design, operation and repair.
- Physical capabilities of lifting materials up to 50 pounds, walking up and down steps and to designated buildings as the situation warrants.
- Self-motivated professional with demonstrated maturity and a good sense of responsibility.
- Good communication skills and high degree of integrity.
- Able to interface and work productively with all employees.
- Sound ability to analyze data and write technical reports.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
- BS degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or similar.
- Energetics experience preferred.
- Pyrotechnic processing and/or powder processing experience is preferred.
- DOD experience preferred.
- 5-10 years engineering experience, preferably in an energetics manufacturing environment.
- Experience incorporating automation into production lines a plus.
- Ability to read and write English and compute college level mathematics, including statistics.
Work Hours 4/10 workweek To Apply Please apply on-line on the Armtec Career Website, www.armtecdefense.com Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Protected Vet
Must be a U.S. Citizen