at USAble Life in Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
When it comes to making a meaningful difference in the lives of our customers and employees, USAble Life (a Life & Specialty Ventures Company) is always ready.
At USAble Life, we strive to have a positive impact in the lives of others, especially our employees. We are a diverse group of individuals working together to go the extra mile. Bring your talents and expertise to join our team, and you’ll be rewarded with opportunities for personal and professional development. Our passion for delivering the best products is matched by our passion for our people.
USAble Life has made Arkansas Business Magazine’s list of “Best Places to Work” for an impressive fifth consecutive year in a row! This, coupled with our engaging culture and a comprehensive benefits package, ensures we are committed to our employees.
Executive Assistant II Overview:
- Provides administrative support to the SVP-Marketing & Strategic Planning, the Chief Revenue Officer, and respective departments.
- Performs highly responsible, confidential, and complex administrative duties for senior management.
- Serves as liaison for the departments supported and presents a high level of professionalism, initiative, critical thinking, organization, and communication skills.
- Part of executive administrative support pool rotation with some days to be in office; flexibility for days both remote and in-office
- Serves as a buffer and liaison for supported areas and company leadership, internal divisions, and external contacts (including employees, consultants, vendors, and policyholders), reducing administrative burden for senior management of supported areas.
- Prepares, tracks, and creates correspondence and documents, including agendas, reports, presentations, and spreadsheets. Conducts research and prepares reports for special projects as assigned. Reviews issues/problems, analyzes data, determines approach, and makes recommendations. Manages multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strategic calendar management in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment across all domestic time zones.
- Organizes and oversees logistics of conference calls, web conferences using Zoom and MS Teams, in-house and off-site meetings, luncheons, dinners, and client events.
- Creates itineraries for business travel, researches and books domestic and occasional international travel arrangements including airline, hotel, ground transportation, and events.
- Analyzes invoices, expense statements, check requests, and other financial documents to determine accuracy and legitimacy, input payment requests into the financial system for approval. Maintains departmental budget and variance reports.
- Responsible for document management solutions, paper and electronic for supported areas.
- Prepares expense reports, may have responsibility for payroll timesheet approvals delegated by senior leadership, coordinates travel arrangements including flights, lodging, and transportation. Performs other duties as assigned. (10%)
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Advanced working knowledge of supporting C-level executives
- Highly self-motivated and present a high level of professionalism
- Advanced interpersonal and communications skills, including the ability to address a wide range of audiences, strong decision-making ability, and attention to detail
- Able to work independently within established guidelines and able to make independent decisions regarding planning, organizing, and managing workload
- Ability to prepare presentations, spreadsheets, and analysis
- Advanced MS Office Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills.
- Ability to handle highly confidential and time-sensitive information. Able to practice discretion and sound-judgment decision-making on behalf of executives
- Experience with heavy calendaring for multiple principals or teams is preferred.
- Self-directed, resourceful, and comfortable in working with a high degree of ambiguity and driving clarity in key areas
- Solution-oriented work style
Required Education and Experience
- Associate Degree in a business-related field or equivalent, related work experience.
- 3 to 5 years of experience supporting executive-level management and/or senior leadership.
- Or equivalent military experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in a business-related field.
- 2 to 4 years of basic accounting experience. Experience in a lead or supervisory role.
USAble Life employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment unless an employee qualifies for an exception as an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. This requirement applies regardless of work location. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) currently defines people as “fully vaccinated” for COVID-19 two weeks after they have received the second dose in a 2-dose series (Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna), or two weeks after they have received a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson [J&J]/Janssen).