in County, AR
The Part Time Ready Mix Driver position is responsible for the transportation of ready mix concrete to construction projects, company owned facilities or various customers. This is a skilled position involving the safe and efficient operation of ready mix trucks. Deliveries will be made in both industrial and residential areas. Work will be performed per the supervisor’s instruction, free from direct supervision except for more complicated jobs.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
• Perform daily pre/post trip inspections with appropriate documentation in compliance with DOT guidelines.
• Load and unload equipment of materials.
• Monitor various gauges during operation of vehicle.
• Maintain daily vehicle mileage logs.
• Properly follow all company policies and procedures to ensure a safe working environment.
• Obey applicable laws and follow dispatch instructions.
• Assure product quality to the best of ability.
• Perform minor servicing and maintenance of equipment; refer major problems to the supervisor.
• Keep vehicle clean and in orderly condition.
• Regular and predictable attendance is required.
• Other duties as may be assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Job requires climbing, stooping, bending, squatting, frequent lifting of extensions chutes, stretching, sitting/driving, shifting gears, and covering/uncovering load when applicable.
• Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects or controls, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear.
• May require sitting for extended periods of time.
• Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to focus.
• Must be able to lift up to 100 lbs on a repetitive basis.
• Able to work in all weather conditions.
• While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
• The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock or burn.
• The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be loud, but is typically moderate.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Standard Materials Group, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.