at CDM Smith in Fort Smith, Arkansas, United States
CDM Smith is seeking a creative design professional to join our North Group marketing team. If you are a creative thinker and enjoy collaborating with teams to lead the development of visually compelling storylines for proposals and presentations, we are interested in talking to you. Candidates must be able to bring ideas to life that visually engage our clients and convey the distinguishing features of our approach and technical solutions. High importance is placed on a positive attitude, being flexible with change, and working well with others in a collaborative environment. The ideal candidate will have a portfolio of work that showcases visually engaging and innovative content that is compliant with client RFPs while connecting with the audience. For more information about what CDM Smith offers its employees please visit our careers page: https://www.cdmsmith.com/en/Careers.
We are open to this position being remote but would ideally like to fill the job in one of the following states: MA, RI, CT, NY, NJ, NH, PA, OH, MI, IN, IL, WI, MN.
As a member of this team, you would contribute to CDM Smith’s mission by:
• Designing and producing visually appealing proposals, presentations, and other marketing materials.
• Actively participating in sessions where strategy and approach for competitive pursuits are discussed and storylines are developed and applied.
• Storyboarding page-by-page or slide-by-slide content with the proposal manager and sales leader.
• Researching and bringing fresh ideas to the team for highly engaging client presentations and proposals.
• Conferring with marketing staff and internal clients on proving graphics and concepts, themes, and approaches.
• Reviewing work to ensure the accuracy and quality of all materials produced.
• Conducting final quality review of all artwork before final production.
• Counseling pursuit teams on methods to improve graphic presentation of theme statements, materials, and audience fit.
• Creating engaging visuals that convey complex technical information to a variety of audiences and readers
• Ensuring integrity of communications by maintaining the firm’s identity, brand, standards, and programs.
• Maintaining specialized knowledge of computer graphics software applications.
• Populating and maintaining graphics databases.
Lead Graphic Designer
• Associate’s degree.
• 6 years of related experience.
• Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
• B.A. in graphic design, fine arts, or a related field.
• Prior experience developing proposal-oriented graphics for an architectural or engineering firm.
• The ability to complete tasks within tight time schedules and under strict layout controls.
• Strong command of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Spark) and Microsoft (Word, PowerPoint) products.
• Previous experience developing infographics and other proving graphics.
• Previous experience using SharePoint, & MS Teams.
• 3D rendering skills, video editing and interactive document experience is a plus.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
Job Site Location:
United States – Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No – We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
• Advanced knowledge of graphic design and typography principles and the ability to apply them to solve marketing and business challenges through visual storytelling in long-form documents.
• Advanced knowledge of current graphics design (and related) software applications (e.g., Adobe Creative Suite) and presentation software.
• Ability to work independently and collaborate with others at various levels throughout the firm.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially PowerPoint.
• Ability and willingness to guide and mentor junior staff.
• Demonstrates excellent organizational skills with an eye for details and an ability to meet deadlines.
Background Check and Drug Testing Information:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions. Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview. CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant’s criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate. In addition, during employment individuals may be required by CDM Smith or a CDM Smith client to successfully complete additional background checks, including motor vehicle record as well as drug testing.
U.S. Vaccine Status:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) are committed to your health and safety. CDM Smith and its employees adhere to all applicable government and client COVID-19 requi