at CDM Smith in Springdale, Arkansas, United States
As a member of CDM Smith’s Transportation Advisory Services practice, the successful candidate is responsible for supporting the growth of CDM Smith’s transportation electrification and renewable energy service offerings. This position calls for subject matter expertise and thought leadership around electrification, electric vehicles/fleet, electric vehicle charging infrastructure, and battery technologies, as well as expertise and knowledge of electrification and renewable energy policies and legislation. The person is this role focuses on helping clients – Federal, state, regional, and local across all modes – define and execute clean transportation strategies. The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in developing concepts, strategy, tactical processes, and be able to design and implement transportation electrification integration into changing grid operations and landscapes.
Critical to this role is a passion for, and experience in mobility, electric vehicles (EVs), and renewable energy. Our team sees a future for decarbonized mobility, and we work with our clients to achieve those goals.
Examples of specific work tasks will include:
• Lead and direct the development of analytics, analysis, evaluation, and development of approaches and processes in support of electric vehicle fleet adoption by clients and customers.
• Provide electrification and renewable energy advisory and design support services to clients nationwide (Federal, state, municipal, transit, school and commercial customers), including business modeling, financial planning, planning for operations, advising on program development, design, and implementation, advising on market trends, and quantifying opportunities.
• Lead qualitative and quantitative analysis, including financial modeling, cost-benefit analyses, and evaluation of incentives
• Champion R&D initiatives related to green/electrification/renewable energy to support emerging trends and client needs.
• Lead cross-functional and multi-disciplinary teams in developing and implementing complex strategic efforts working within a matrix structure; collaborate with other practices and initiatives across the firm, in order to advance this evolving discipline.
• Collaborate with and mentor technical staff at varying levels.
• Collaborate with researchers, academics, vendors, and other stakeholders, including industry peers, system integrators, technology experts, and clients, as well as end use customers.
Transportation Electrification Leader
• Bachelor’s degree.
• 12 years of related experience.
• Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
• Three years in external consulting focused on relationship management in electric vehicles or energy services
• Industry experience in the electric vehicle sector, with specific expertise in but not limited to fleet electrification strategy and/or implementation, charging stations, and hydrogen/fuel cells.
• Demonstrated passion for electric vehicles, climate mitigation, sustainability, resiliency, and clean energy
• Strong knowledge of transportation electrification trends and the issues facing leaders in the space
• Actively support the appropriate industry associations and be actively engaged on the appropriate committees that support them
• A fundamental and deep knowledge of multimodal mobility and broad-based energy networks
• Strong project delivery skills
• Experience leading complex projects with large coalitions and/or stakeholders
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, with exceptional ability and experience in public speaking
• Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to a cross-disciplinary audience
• Experience in managing junior staff to deliver projects within expected timeframes
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
Job Site Location:
United States – Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No – We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Background Check and Drug Testing Information:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions. Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview. CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant’s criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate. In addition, during employment individuals may be required by CDM Smith or a CDM Smith client to successfully complete additional background checks, including motor vehicle record as well as drug testing.
U.S. Vaccine Status:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) are committed to your health and safety. CDM Smith and its employees adhere to all applicable government