at Domtar Paper Company LLC
The Analyst, Accounting and Finance will prepare critical management reports, perform financial analysis and engage in special projects, as well as work with the Mill Controller on significant and technical accounting matters.
- Preparation of management reports utilizing both sales, cost and statistical information;
- Analytical reviews of trends, variances and scenario-based impacts;
- Assist with the implementation and interpretation of US GAAP and all other relevant accounting guidance (including Domtar policy);
- Perform relevant accounting research and prepare memos on accounting treatment;
- Train and provide guidance on new and recurring accounting guidance;
- Special projects as directed.
- You have a BA/BS Degree in Accounting or Finance; Successfully completed or are working towards a CPA designation a plus;
- You have significant experience with the application of US GAAP;
- You have excellent analytical skills with a high-level of attention to detail;
- You have a strong working knowledge of Excel, including advanced formulas & pivot tables; Experience with SAP a plus;
- You have strong oral and written communication skills;
- You have the ability to multi- task and to "think outside the box";
- You work well in a team-based environment while also working independently on individual tasks.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.