at Darling Ingredients Inc. in Springdale, Arkansas, United States
Job DescriptionJob Summary
The Environmental Health and Safety Coordinator/PCQI works within the plant to ensure compliance with facility environmental permits, all required regulations, company safety programs, FSMA, USDA, cGMP's, FDA, HACCP, and Finished Product requirements.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties at any time.
* Administers Darling Ingredient's Safety program which includes but is not limited to: compliance with all applicable laws and regulations; conducting CAL/OSHA safety training for new employees; monthly and annual training of employees; monthly safety facility audits; monthly safety meetings; perform accident investigations and advise management in corrective action needed.
* Conducts training of employees in environmental compliance, site inspections, sampling, log review, and report preparation to ensure compliance in the following:
* Air Permit
* Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasures (SPCC)
* cGMP's, HAACP, & FSMA (Food Safety) Compliance and Reporting requirements
* Solid & Hazardous Waste Management
* Boiler Permits
* Business and Operating Licenses
* Performs tests on incoming and outgoing product, recording results and reporting any problems to management.
* Maintains lab equipment, testing on all Finished Products and lab supply inventory
* Ensures all Finished Products meets specifications before shipment to Customer.
* Ensures all employees are trained on cGMP's, HAACP, & FSMA requirements.
* Reviews all plant documentation associated with Finished Product shipments, in process control documents and addresses any corrective action as needed.
* Responsible for completion of internal audits and corrective action.
* Audits all plant's daily documentation, approves documents, addresses corrective actions, and ensures the completion of them, and files documents
* Ensures proper monitoring and operation of environmental control equipment (air, water).
* All other duties as assigned.
* NOTE: Must complete Darling Ingredients PCQI Certification Training Course.
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* PCQI certification in human food or animal food, or must become certified upon hire through Darling-lead or industry FDA recognized curriculum completion.
* Minimum 1 year of experience (2 years preferred) in quality assurance, food production, agriculture, or related field.
* Additional Requirement: Candidate must have a valid driver's license and clear driving record since the role involves periodic trips to Paducah, KY, up to 25% travel.
* Bachelor's Degree in Safety and Environmental, Industrial Management or related field.
* Highly organized; superior time management skills.
* Exceptional communication skills both written and oral.
* Self-motivated; self-starter; able to multi-task.
* Works well with others in a team environment.
* Good computer skills in Microsoft Office applications.
* Frequently required to walk, stand, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crawl, and crouch.
* Occasionally lifts to 25 lbs.
* Occasionally push, pull or move up to 100 lbs.
* Regularly required reach with hands and arms.
* Occasional overnight travel by personal vehicle or airplane.
Job functions will be carried out in an office, plant or field environment.
Darling Ingredients is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or, protected veteran status. EEO is the Law: If you would like more information, please click on the link or paste into your browser: https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster