at PRIDE Industries in Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
Floor Technician, afternoons
Part Time Regular
This position is on a federal AbilityOne contract that requires that most of the work hours are performed by employees with disabilities. Due to program requirements, this particular position needs to be filled by a person with a disability
Referral Bonus Eligible?
PRIDE Industries is a fast-paced company with a mission: To Create Jobs for People with Disabilities while providing high quality, value-added solutions to our nationwide customers. We are currently recruiting to fill the following position:
Job: Floor Technician
Job Code: M51 - LT-Floor Technician
SCA Occup: 11150 Janitor
Salary Grade: Federal Wage Determination or Collective Bargaining Agreement
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Approval Date: March 2017
Under close supervision, the floor technician is responsible for cleaning floors using common and specialized equipment and methods as well as general custodial tasks such as sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, rest room cleaning, and trash removal. Employees in this job class use proper materials and methods to assure facilities are clean and free of safety hazards. This job class requires knowledge of custodial practices, floor equipment, supplies and procedures and the ability to perform quality work in a safe manner.
1. * Complete scheduled floor cleaning and maintenance tasks.
2. * Inspect and prepare necessary equipment and chemicals required for scheduled procedures.
3. * Complete necessary floor tasks using floor machine and scrubber, followed by a quality review of project.
4. * Operates wax and buffer machines to wax and buff floors on a regular basis.
5. * Cleans and maintains custodial equipment to ensure proper operation and safe condition.
6. * Cleans spills promptly.
7. * Properly secure all equipment at completion of tasks, and request any necessary repairs to equipment.
8. * When required, also performs general janitorial tasks.
9. * Where required, may need to travel between worksites.
10. * Complies with PRIDE's safety program and adheres to proper safety practices.
11. Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
* Denotes Essential Job Function
* One year previous experience in custodial services. Previous experience in professional floor care preferred;
* Ability to read and follow written instructions on labels for proper and safe use of chemicals, supplies and equipment;
* Ability to learn to use specialized departmental equipment including that used in custodial services such as scrubbers and buffers;
* Ability to communicate effective and respond to questions and requests from customers and others;
* Human relations skills to build effective working relationships;
* Basic mathematical ability including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division;
* Ability to manage and accurately track material resources and time, and adapt to changing work priorities;
* Ability to work independently and work second and third shifts;
* Demonstrated organizational, problem solving and common sense skills.
CERTIFICATES OR LICENSES REQUIRED:
The following licenses or certificates may be required depending on local, state and/or contract requirements:
Valid Driver's License
Employees must have the ability to perform the following physical demands for extended periods of time with or without assistance:
* Maneuvering in and around the worksite
* Standing and walking
* Bending, kneeling, reaching, and stooping
* Lifting boxes or equipment weighing up to 35 pounds, and up to 50 pounds occasionally
* Pushing or pulling objects such as vacuums, carts, mops, etc.
* May be required to push/pull equipment weighing up to 70 pounds
* Grasping both small & large objects
* Climbing ladders and/or step stools
Work is performed in an office environment, or at a customer's location, such as a commissary environment, a federal courthouse, or a military base. Employees may be exposed to toxic chemicals, noise from equipment in maintenance environment, and depending on indoor and outdoor conditions, exposure to cold or heat.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor's instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.
At PRIDE, we make a difference in the lives of many, one job at a time.
How to... For full info follow application link.