at Ritter Communications in Jonesboro, Arkansas, United States
Ritter Communications has been at the forefront of the local communications industry for more than a century. We began providing telephone service in Northeast Arkansas in 1906. Today, Ritter Communications serves 92 communities and more than 45,000 customers across Arkansas, northeast Texas, southeast Missouri, and west Tennessee. The company has grown steadily over the years, expanding rapidly and is now the largest privately-held regional broadband fiber, telecom, video and cloud services provider in the Mid-South. Ritter invests heavily in the communities it serves by deploying proven, best-in-class infrastructure and technology, while coupling it with a world-class customer focused experience.
The Director of Network Operations (NetOps) owns the operational oversight of the Company’s production network that provides internet, voice, and video services to residential, enterprise, and wholesale customers. This role provides strong leadership and technical expertise to two teams –Network Operations Center (NOC) and the Enterprise Technical Assistance Center (ETAC). These teams consist of managers, engineers, and analysts.
The NetOps Director will define and execute the overall vision and strategy for the Network Operations team. Success in this role is highly reliant on the individual’s ability to see the bigger picture while keeping a pulse on the details, ability to learn and adapt to rapidly changing technical landscape, work effectively with a cross-functional team, and a relentless drive to pursue operational excellence through advance technologies, processes, and people.
Essential Job Functions:
- Defines overall vision and strategy for NetOps, then effectively executes to completion;
- Recruits, retains, develops high level talent;
- Manages and prioritizes projects and initiatives within NetOps;
- Participates in a cross-functional leadership team to drive companywide changes;
- Establishes and refines KPIs to provide accountability on every aspect of network operations;
- Develops operational budget;
- Leads major outage calls to ensure quick resolutions;
- Drives technological advancements by utilizing innovative technologies for network automation and orchestration – from concept to production;
- Manages upward communications to ensure executive team is aware of the state of the network;
- Travels to customer sites, project areas, business related events, and other Ritter Communications locations as required;
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Deep knowledge of telecommunications industry, products, and services (internet, video, voice, wireless, SDWAN, DOCSIS, etc.);
- Solid understanding of networking technologies - OSI layer and LAN/WAN protocols and technologies such as Ethernet, TCP/IP, VLANs, Routing, Switching, NAT, ACL, DNS, etc.;
- General understanding of network automation architecture, tools and systems – python, APIs, databases, etc.
- High level proficiency in general business – vendor management, budgets, negotiations, presentations;
- Keen understanding of technical operations, customer service, and business outcome;
- Ability to solve problems with creativity and innovation;
- Proficient in employee training and development and process development;
- Proficient in coaching, problem-solving and conflict resolution;
- Skill in oral and written communication;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to travel for business requirements; must possess a valid Driver’s License with a satisfactory driving record.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s (or MS) Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a similar technical field is preferred; 5+ years of relevant work experience is required;
Cisco CCNA/CCNP, Nokia NRS I/II, MEF or similar certifications desired.
Ritter Communications is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We strive to maintain a drug-free workplace.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including health, dental, vision, cancer, accident and life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, flexible spending accounts, free gym membership, company discounts, tuition reimbursement, paid training, paid leave, and much more!