at Mars, Incorporated in Fort Smith, Arkansas, United States
Job DescriptionThe primary purpose of this role is to operate and monitor all equipment as needed, meeting corporate quality and safety standards in the manufacture of pet food at the lowest possible cost to the business. The Relief Operator supports all Senior Operator, Operator, Material Handler, QMSTs, Servicers, and may backfill for Lead positions as business needs require. Cross-Training associates and completing training information in an accurate and timely manner is also a function of this role.
What are we looking for?
- The ability to operate, troubleshoot various pieces of equipment.
- The ability to evaluate and complete quality checks and document results using data base collection system.
- 2+ years in a high-speed food-manufacturing/automated environment
- Problem Solving Skills
- Advanced Troubleshooting Skills
- Basic Computer literacy with an ability to enter, record, maintain, and retrieve data from computers, iPad/tablets, handheld scanners
- Forklift Certified
- Food manufacturing experience and knowledge of food safety
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices
- This position will be responsible for the operation of the equipment and condition of the area to which they are assigned. Success will be gained by building partnership with necessary support functions and peers to build functional capability in performing all line critical activities: CIL, PMs, quality checks, documentation / reporting, basic troubleshooting, and line operation.
The relief operator must be able to clearly communicate issues and they are responsible for driving to resolution as much as possible. An in-depth knowledge of the equipment must be gained through effective troubleshooting and partnering with other functions to build problem solving capabilities. This position has a high level of responsibility around Quality and Food Safety as they are a first line of defense for the product. They must be able to work with their peers in order to accomplish tasks and be open to training others as necessary.
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 like-minded and talented Associates, all guided by The Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we're striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity