in Pulaski - Little Rock County, AR
Project Manager I to oversee Electric Utility Distribution Projects to include but not limited to the following:
Responsible for leading a cross functional team of Design and Construction Engineers in the execution of Distribution Projects from Initiation of the Project through Closeout, Responsible for managing project budgets, Responsible for interfacing with other Client departments for addressing project needs, Responsible for managing a program or portfolio of projects in a given region chartered to improve, maintain, or repair the electric utility distribution infrastructure, Responsible for communicating and interfacing with statel or regional management for specific project needs, Responsible for using Client systems for cost and schedule reporting and management., Responsible for negotiating and managing contracts and contractors, Must be able to work effectively in a matrix
environment and manage employees without direct (hard line) authority, Must have superior interpersonal, leadership, communication, organizational, and presentation skills.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strictly adhere to Client’s procedures (note that practically all work is covered by some type of procedure; either written or implied).
- Lead the efforts of Client and Contractor personnel towards the safe and successful completion of capital projects through distinct phases: Initiation, Definition, Execution (Design and Construction) and Closeout.
- Critical success factors;
- Keep Program Manager apprised of status, issues and needs;
- Maintain good documentation;
- Continually follow-up on key activities;
- Hold Client personnel accountable through their direct Supervisors;
- Develop Project Scoping Plans (scope of work (Word), cost estimates (Excel), schedules (P6 - Scheduler);
- Develop Project Charter;
- Develop Project Execution Plans (scope of work (Word), cost estimates (Excel), schedules (P6 - Scheduler), one-line drawings (CAD & PDF - Designer), layouts (CAD & PDF -Designer);
- Develop funding requests for approval (Excel);
- Develop and maintain work orders for approval (Power Plant);
- Provide weekly status reports (e-Mail);
- Provide monthly status reports as required (e-Mail);
- Maintain electronic central project file (e-Room);
- Participate in routine Construction meetings (teleconference);
- Facilitate interactions with external Customers (phone, e-mail, meetings, etc.);
- Update Project Cost Sheets every month (Excel);
- With assistance from Scheduler, perform schedule maintenance once per week (P6);
- Provide records for all significant meetings (e-mail);
- Conduct Lessons Learned at the completion of each project and update the Lessons Learned database (Excel and e-Room);
- Participate in monthly budget reviews with Client Management;
- Update miscellaneous reports (Construction Report, etc.);
- Conduct Gate reviews with the Program Manager at the completion of each applicable Project Phase (Initiation, Definition and Closeout).
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Requires one (1) to three (3) years of Project Management experience, Electric Utility Transmission System , Distribution System, Power Generation, and/or Municipal Utility Management experience required;
- Program Management Experience Preferred;
- Construction Management Experience in Electrical, Civil, or Commercial Preferred;
- Four (4) Year Bachelor’s Degree Required, PMP Preferred;
- Project Budget Responsibility from $250k to $100m+;
- Requires familiarity with Primavera software (v6.0 or newer) and/or Microsoft Project;
- Must have a proven ability to lead many diverse teams through successful completion of projects from initiation to closeout;
- Must have superior interpersonal, leadership, communication, organizational, and presentation skills;
- Requires a proven ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written;
- Must possess advanced knowledge of MS Office suite of products (especially MS Word and MS Excel.
- Work is primarily conducted in an office environment (Private or Semi-Private office) but also requires occasional travel to off-site work locations;
- Field duties require outdoor work in a plant or offshore platform atmosphere;
- Interaction with other team members, as well as supervisors and client personnel;
- Working offshore or in plant and/or shop areas around production machinery with extreme noise levels;
- Must be able to wear safety equipment as required by the safety department for personal protection;
- May be at more than one job site in a day and must be able to tolerate climate changes;
- May be required to travel out of town on a periodic basis.
Physical Requirements (With or without Reasonable Accommodation):
- Must be able to lift and carry twenty (20) pounds;
- Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities which permits employee to communicate effectively;
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time;
- Sufficient vision or other powers of observation which permits employee to conduct analysis and investigations;
- Sufficient manual dexterity which permit the employee to perform routine office duties;
- Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes to perform office duties and travel when necessary to off-site locations.
Drug Free Workplace:
EDG Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to a drug free workplace. Applicants are subject to both pre-employment hair and urine drug screens.
Post-hire, employees are subject to random, periodic, post-accident, and reasonable suspicion drug testing which may include both hair and urine drug screens. In addition to the requirements of EDG’s drug free workplace program, employees may be required to sign, acknowledge and comply with drug free workplace policies or programs required by clients.