at Kinder Morgan in KINTA, Oklahoma, United States
MechanicJob ID #: 23789 Location: OK-KINTA Functional Area: Misc./Trades Position Type: Full Time Experience Required: 1 – 3 Years Relocation Provided: No Education Required: High School Diploma RC/Department: 5964 -KINTA WOODWARD GAS OPS :KMPL Position Description POSITION DESCRIPTION: • Install, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain structural, mechanical and electrical equipment and/or auxiliary equipment at natural gas compressor stations. • Overhaul compressors, engines, turbines, motors, and auxiliary equipment. • Provide training to other company personnel on proper operation and maintenance of mechanical equipment. • Perform engine/compressor performance analysis. • Interpret lubricating oil, coolant and other operating reports. • Responsible for the general upkeep and maintenance of all facilities and equipment as needed. • Oversee/inspect the construction and/or maintenance activities performed by third parties. • Identify report and correct safety and environmental concerns. • Complete appropriate documentation and paperwork as required. • Perform all work in compliance with company standards, procedures, and regulatory and tariff requirements. • Demonstrate performance toward operational excellence. • Operate natural gas compressors and pipeline as required. • Maintain a regular, dependable attendance, and high level of job performance. • Maintain a high regard for personal safety, the safety of company assets and employees, and the general public. Position Requirements
• High school diploma or equivalent is required
• Associate degree (AAS) in Diesel or Automotive Technology, is PREFERRED.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Knowledge of mechanical equipment, internal combustion engines, gas turbines, pumps, compressors, and related equipment.
• Knowledge of performance parameters and measurement techniques for mechanical equipment.
• Experience with reading and interpreting blueprints and diagrams.
• Knowledge of and experience in safe handling practices of flammable gases, liquids and high pressure systems. • Knowledge of regulatory and tariff requirements.
• Basic computer skills (knowledge of MS Office, operating systems, company software if applicable)
• Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, decimals)
• Problem solving skills, including logical thought processes, with the ability to resolve simple to complex issues.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Customer focus.
• Must be able to work with a team, take direction from Supervisor(s), adhere to required work schedules, focus on attention to details, and follow work rules.
• Must have and maintain a good safety record.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES & REGISTRATIONS:
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and driving record satisfactory to the Company and its insurers.
• May be required to achieve and maintain certifications as required to perform job duties. WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Ability to work in and withstand extreme weather conditions.
• Respond to/address callouts and emergencies outside of regular business hours.
• May be required to carry a company-provided cell phone/pager, and be available to respond during working and non-working hours.• Travel is required; occasional overnight travel may be required and is anticipated.
• Must live within a 40-minute response/travel time to work location
• Overtime may be required and is anticipated.
• Job level commensurate with experience and skill sets.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: • Physical ability to lift as much as 50 lbs, bend/stoop, kneel and climb stairs/ladders. • Ability to use hand tools and equipment, repetitive hand use such as simple grasp and twisting motion included.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, & KNOWLEDGE: • Knowledge of company policies and practices, and company-specific regulatory and tariff requirements a plus. • Experience operating and repairing various compressor engine types and models. • Experience operating and repairing gas turbines and electric motor driven gas compressors.COVID VACCINATION REQUIREMENT: As a federal contractor, Kinder Morgan must adhere to federal guidelines that require many of its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Accordingly, all new hire employees must be vaccinated before they begin work. This requirement is subject to accommodations for religious and medical reasons under Title VII, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and possible state and local laws. EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER STATEMENT: We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.