at JA Riggs Tractor Co dba Riggs Cat in Jonesboro, Arkansas, United States
Job DescriptionRiggs CAT
The Parts Counterperson is a front-line position who is responsible for successfully providing excellent customer service and maintaining professionalism while taking parts orders and arranging timelines for customer delivery/pick-up/etc.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Maintain a clean, organized, professional and safe work environment.
- Efficiently and accurately pick, put away, deliver orders and maintain customer will call
- Fabricates hoses.
- Ships and receives freight.
- Process customer and shop orders as well as returns
- Understands basic principles of inventory control.
- Interact with customer to determine customer parts needs, process orders and communicate status.
- Effectively look up appropriate parts in system to determine customer parts needs
- Demonstrate appropriate cash handling and payment procedures
- Follows Contamination Control guidelines
- Executes backorders
- Accurately process and complete parts orders with minimal supervision
- Attend to afterhours call schedule as required
- Resolve customer issues or concerns as necessary
This person will also perform duties in the parts warehouse when needed. This role supports all functions of the Parts Department.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Ability to work overtime as a job requirement dependent on department needs.
- Availability for weekend, holiday or evening work as required by after-hours schedule.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Knowledge of Database software; Internet software; Inventory software and Order processing systems; DBS; SIS.
- Valid driver's license and ability to meet and maintain company driving requirements if required to drive a company vehicle.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock and explosives.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position is considered safety sensitive.
Required travel up to 10%.
The Job description is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status