at CDM Smith in Springdale, Arkansas, United States
Are you energized by advancing and growing the practice of Geotechnical Engineering?
Do you love helping clients solve complex engineering challenges on some of the largest projects in the country and abroad?
Do you have the energy, passion, and drive to be a nationally recognized leader?
CDM Smith’s Geotechnical Engineering Practice Leader is a global technical and sales role responsible for growing the firm’s geotechnical engineering practice and team. The Geotechnical Engineering Practice comprises several growing disciplines including Tunnels, Dams and Levees, Geo-Environmental, Geothermal, and Traditional Geotechnical Engineering (Foundations). We are seeking a thought leader who is confident with clients, is grounded in the fundamentals of geotechnical engineering, understands the latest technology advances, seeks innovative approaches to solve challenges in a collaborative manner, leads the geotechnical engineering practice, and encourages our employees to expand their knowledge and careers. The practice leader working with our Geotechnical Discipline Leaders will develop innovative approaches working with other engineering and science disciplines including the identification of R&D efforts that will advance the geotechnical engineering practice.
CDM Smith is one of the world’s top engineering design, program management and construction management firms, providing innovative and creative solutions to our clients and assisting them in achieving successful outcomes on their water, infrastructure, environmental and transportation programs.
As the Practice Leader and visionary, you will contribute to CDM Smith’s transformational growth by:
- Advance the practice through technical ingenuity, innovation, and year-over-year top-line sales growth.
- Advance the CDM Smith brand to be recognized as a premier provider of geotechnical engineering services including deep foundations, dams, levees, geothermal, seismic, geo-environmental engineering, and underground engineering, for planning, design and construction phases on integrated projects.
- Win more underground projects involving tunneling, micro tunneling, Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD), deep shafts, and specialty techniques including ground freezing, grouting and other ground improvement methods.
- Expand geotechnical engineering services in the transportation sector (e.g., bridges, tunneling, retaining walls and roadways).
- Expand our geothermal discipline and applications in the area of sustainability in concert with the client service units.
- Support our environmental strategies with geo-environmental engineering services.
- Collaborate with and support the firm’s Digital Water initiative.
- Oversee and direct the loss prevention and risk managements strategies involved in the practice.
- Position us technically and ahead of challenges being recognized in the marketplace.
- Increase the number of approved geotechnical Project Managers and Project Technical Leaders.
- Collaborate with client service units by pre-positioning for major pursuits that identify and highlight our technical differentiators.
This position can be based out of any U.S. based CDM Smith office. We will consider partial remote schedules for this position.
Geotechnical Engineer 9 (Practice Leader)
- Bachelor’s degree in Geotechnical, Civil, Mining or Geologic Engineering or related discipline. Professional engineering (PE) license.
- 15 years of related experience.
- Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
- Proven leadership and visionary abilities
- Recognized profile within the geotechnical engineering practice as evidenced by presentations, papers and awards, participation in committees and societies and recognition as Subject Matter Expert (SME) on projects such as Value Engineering Studies, Dispute Resolution Boards, and on Expert Panels and Webinars.
- Master’s degree in Civil Engineering with Geotechnical Engineering emphasis.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
Job Site Location:
United States – Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No – We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
- Self-directed, motivated, mission-driven with positive attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to represent the firm to industry groups and the media on a national and international level
- Developer and implementer of best practices in delivery of services
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
Background Check and Drug Testing Information:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions. Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview. CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant’s criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful cTo view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account